Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:31 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,785,776 times

Advertisements

Found a great house in Conway and I'm moving in January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 08:48 AM

890 posts, read 4,330,481 times
Although Hollywood might not sound like a very appealing place, there is a very nice gated community there. Developers have been knocking on Hollywood's door for quite some time, but the locals there have been able to delay development due to the lack of water and sewer out that way. The rumor mill has it though that the Hollywood area is destined to see growth eventually and it is not really a question of "if" but more a question of "when".

Old 11-19-2006, 08:59 AM

291 posts, read 1,782,932 times
Rapture, what is the house like?

Old 11-19-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salatheel View Post
Rapture, what is the house like?
Thanks for asking.

The house is three bedrooms, two bath on 1.3 acres. The street is mostly all new houses and 5 min. from 501. It's 11 years old and also has a Carolina room but no garage. We have two cars, truck, bike trailer and two motorcycles so we need a big garage but my boyfriend can build it himself. We have been looking since April and finially found what we wanted in the area we wanted, can't wait to move and start my life there.

By the way, the house was less than 200,000 and taxes under 1,000. In NJ, where I live now the same house would be about 600,000 (not including the 1.3 acres) and taxes would be btw 12,000 & 16,000.

If anyone is looking for a house in the Myrtle Beach area, I have an excellent realtor (after going through two others). Send me a PM and I'll give you her name.

Old 11-20-2006, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 18,083 times
I live in Columbia and was, many years ago, engaged to an attorney in Conway. If you wish to live near Myrtle Beach, check out the area around Conway, Loris and Aynor. Around Loris and Aynor you should find the acreage you want, and possibly a house on it.

As far as the Charleston area, yes Moncks Corner does have poor schools, but there are private schools available. Moncks Corner has such lovely people, as does Summerville. You can probably find acreage around both of those towns. Also, check out Goose Creek. It, too, has poor schools, but there is St. James Academy, a private school not far away.

Best wishes,

Donna

Old 11-20-2006, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,873 times
I can help you find the right place I have over 15yrs in construction and real estate experience, please call me or visit my website www.andrewhuisman.com
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Andrew

Old 11-21-2006, 05:53 AM

Thanks for the info. but I have already purchased a house, info. is in my previous post.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:54 PM

31 posts, read 120,120 times
Default Goose Creek advantages

First, I'm new to SC. I moved to Goose Creek just 13 months ago.

Benefits of GC include: low crime rates, excellent community services, strong community interest in improving and keeping the community strong, a new gym/health facility with locals membership running $25 a year, beautiful new housing developments, and a plan to increase fine eatteries and shopping.

Additionally, it only takes me 20 minutes to get to the airport and 30 minutes to Isle of Palms, the furtherest beach I've been to so far.

Housing here is significantly less than in Charleston County, as well. New schools are popping up like corn on a hot spring day.

Culture shock is a reality here. I moved from New Mexico. I had never heard the "n" word used before, never encountered racisim. It's a fact of life here.

Facilites are quite spread out, and there is not always a direct route to a location. Locals finally explained this is due to all the water, creeks, and swamps that were originally built around, rather than over or through.

I'm told the fishing is wonderful. There is a large lake nearby, a couple of hugh rivers, and of course, the Atlantic.

I hope you will consider Goose Creek. It's got great potential! E

Old 11-22-2006, 06:16 AM

Thanks, but I found a house as explained above.

Does anyone read the thread before responding? I don't want to sound unappreciative but I'm not getting it.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:32 AM

5 posts, read 12,139 times
Default your price range

Your price range is not realistic for those areas. Reasestate in this area you have mentioned is way more costly than 200k or less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina