Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 06:12 PM

20 posts, read 96,311 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me an honest opinion of the public school system in Beaufort, SC? We live in Ohio and our schools are okay--not great but okay. I have been offered a secondary school teaching job (can't find any up here) and our children will need to be enrolled in elementary school. No offense but I've researched the ratings and the schools are scoring really low. I don't tend to put much stock in ratings because our current elementary school is scoring lower than others in our area, but our kids are doing wonderful in their studies. Our son has also been recently identified as "gifted", however, I'm learning that the quality of gifted public school programs varies greatly (even in Ohio). We can work through all the other issues that will accompany this move--we just can't sacrifice the education aspect. Since I am not an elementary teacher this is something I can't judge on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 09:40 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,884,443 times
We have no children but from what I gather, the schools here aren't the greatest....there seems a disconnect between what is needed and what is being done.

A new high school is going to be built in a part of the county where it is not needed BUT that doesn't seem to matter,it doesn't seem that commonsense is available in much quantity in our school system.

We have several private schools however and people take advantage of those schools here.Beaufort Academy is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina