Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 09:02 PM

467 posts, read 542,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
Marijuana will be legal in SC when they (politicans), find out how mcuh
money the state of Colorado brings in with all that tax revenue.
It's all about the money people, the almighty dollar bill always wins.
lol, well the voters might have some say in the matter.

If it it was always about tax revenue than politicians would tax poor peeople more than the 0 percent they pay in SC now. lol obviously some other factors at play
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:56 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,413,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
lol, well the voters might have some say in the matter.

If it it was always about tax revenue than politicians would tax poor peeople more than the 0 percent they pay in SC now. lol obviously some other factors at play
If they are poor...how would they pay it? Or, do you want the government just taking all the little money poor folks have? That's what the kings of the Dark Ages did.

Of course....ensuring poor people remain poor is what Republicans are all about, so who knows, maybe you do believe that.

Democrats haven't exactly came up with any great plans to change that either. But, that doesn't mean you are a flat out moron for believing the GOP will or has.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
If they are poor...how would they pay it? Or, do you want the government just taking all the little money poor folks have? That's what the kings of the Dark Ages did.

Of course....ensuring poor people remain poor is what Republicans are all about, so who knows, maybe you do believe that.

Democrats haven't exactly came up with any great plans to change that either. But, that doesn't mean you are a flat out moron for believing the GOP will or has.
lol, you losers want the poor to stay poor so they keep voting Democrat forever. You want to subsidize poverty. You'd have as many voters as possible on crack cocaine if that meant votes for Democrats.

the reality is 40% of people in SC are not paying any taxes, yet most of those people support the high tax party. I don't think it is so horrible to suggest maybe we should broaden the tax base in this state and surely these people can pay more than 0 dollars in taxes. Everybody needs some skin in the game even Democrat voters. lol

I think i'm going to roll with my IQ over your ignorant redneck blue collar IQ.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:48 AM

422 posts, read 487,787 times
Quote:

the reality is 40% of people in SC are not paying any taxes

Who makes up this stuff? They may not pay a federal income tax (which the vast majority are the elderly on a fixed income) but between payroll taxes, state and local income taxes, sale taxes, property taxes, gas taxes and the many other types of taxes there are it's impossible for anyone to not be paying ANY taxes.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 01-03-2014 at 07:08 AM..

Old 01-03-2014, 07:16 AM

23 posts, read 27,838 times
Quote:
lol, you losers want the poor to stay poor so they keep voting Democrat forever. You want to subsidize poverty. You'd have as many voters as possible on crack cocaine if that meant votes for Democrats.

the reality is 40% of people in SC are not paying any taxes, yet most of those people support the high tax party. I don't think it is so horrible to suggest maybe we should broaden the tax base in this state and surely these people can pay more than 0 dollars in taxes. Everybody needs some skin in the game even Democrat voters. lol

I think i'm going to roll with my IQ over your ignorant redneck blue collar IQ.
Dude, I'm pretty damn fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal, some might call me Libertarian, riddle me this fatman, how does a solidly red state have some of the most assinine tax policies in the nation. 7% income tax at 13,700 income I would say the poor have plenty skin in the game. If anyone is keeping this state poor it sure as heck isn't the Dems someone is getting swindled. I think they all are a bunch of corrupt bastards. Legalize it, get rid of the black market, incentivize a job, not slinging weed.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsomewhatpsychic View Post
Dude, I'm pretty damn fiscally conservative, yet socially liberal, some might call me Libertarian, riddle me this fatman, how does a solidly red state have some of the most assinine tax policies in the nation. 7% income tax at 13,700 income I would say the poor have plenty skin in the game. If anyone is keeping this state poor it sure as heck isn't the Dems someone is getting swindled. I think they all are a bunch of corrupt bastards. Legalize it, get rid of the black market, incentivize a job, not slinging weed.
you are an idiot, have you ever heard of deductions, credits, excemptiionsn? 40 percent of SC people have no tax liability.

Yeah, you are a fiscial conservative who supports tax hiking big spending Democrats. All that drug abuse as messed up your mind. There is a reason why potheads all seem stupid, b/c they are.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Who makes up this stuff? They may not pay a federal income tax (which the vast majority are the elderly on a fixed income) but between payroll taxes, state and local income taxes, sale taxes, property taxes, gas taxes and the many other types of taxes there are it's impossible for anyone to not be paying ANY taxes.
lol, well income tax is usually the largest percentage tax paid by most people. I think everybody should be paying some income tax but you Democrats think you shouldn't have to pay any income tax while voting for higher income tax on other people. You'll find the more income tax you pay yourself the less likely you are to0 support higher income taxation levels. That is why it is a good thing to make sure most people are paying income tax. T

Old 01-03-2014, 07:33 AM

23 posts, read 27,838 times
Quote:
you are an idiot, have you ever heard of deductions, credits, excemptiionsn? 40 percent of SC people have no tax liability.

Yeah, you are a fiscial conservative who supports tax hiking big spending Democrats. All that drug abuse as messed up your mind. There is a reason why potheads all seem stupid, b/c they are.
No I support eliminating the income tax or at least broadening the tax brackets to an unretarded level. You sound like the Dems I argue with under a different name.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsomewhatpsychic View Post
No I support eliminating the income tax or at least broadening the tax brackets to an unretarded level. You sound like the Dems I argue with under a different name.
lol, i'm for adjusting the tax brackets too modern salaries as well.

You attacked me after I said 40 percent of tax filers in SC have no tax liability. You can reduce taxes for current tax payers if you spread out taxes across the entire population rather than just 60 percent of it.

How do I sound like a Democrat? You just spew reflexive nonsense. Do you think 40% of the residents of SC can not afford to pay any income tax at all? Not even a frickin dollar?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 AM

3,594 posts, read 4,367,454 times
Quote:
gay marriage is people asking for government to validate the fact they have sex with soeembody and give them perks for it even though they don't have kids. To say opposition to that is support of nanny state is hilarious to me. You don't even understand the small government argument yet you want to co-opt it for liberal agenda.
I'm the one advocating less government involvement in private lives and I don't understand the argument? You seem to be unable to look past the talking points you see on TV. Personally I believe the gov needs to get out of the marriage business all together. Remove all the forced perks assigned to marriage and keep it a religious institution. I'm not real keen on gov forced morality. My belief is genuine morality stems from society itself.

Quote:
The best way to decrease gun homicides is to decrease drug use in society. Probably 80 percent of gun related incidents are drug related.
And again, this is a depth of understanding issue. You have to be willing to look beyond the statistics and ask why. Why are so many gun homicides involved with drugs? Is it because of the criminalization of the drugs? What if the user could buy that drug from the corner store than the guy on the corner? As a whole what is the kind of person that is making a living trafficking illegal substances? What is the effect of replacing that system with a legal one much like the beer and wine industry?

Quote:
I don't see it as liberterian or conservative to support more drugs in society b/c drug users are the losers in society and we end up paying their way one way or another in the end.

If drug users were not impacting other people's lives with their abuse and we still watned to ban it, that would be Nanny stuff. We've already allowed people the right to use alcohol, why can't they jsut be happy with that.
No, an individual is free to do whatever they want. Every limitation placed on them by the gov reduces that freedom. You keep wanting to talk about abuse. You realize that while abuse can occur with any substance, a majority of marijuana users don't abuse. It's one thing to disagree with an stance, but what you're attempting to do is demonize the opposition by purposely selecting vocabulary that's inflammatory. Those who responsibly use recreational drugs are no more losers or abusers than those who responsibly use alcohol.

There are some issues with marijuana use, specifically with developing minds, and those with mental issues. But, over all far less than with alcohol. Why wouldn't you be in favor or swapping marijuana for alcohol as a recreational drug? Be consistent and not hypocritical.

This is about returning a freedom of choice back to the citizenry that shouldn't have been removed to begin with. If you understood Libertarianism and small gov role, you'd know most Libertarians support the legalization of marijuana.

LP Monday Message: Regulate Marijuana Like Wine | Libertarian Party
63% of libertarians believe marijuana prohibition will be over within 10 years | Libertarian Party
Libertarian Party protests Facebook censorship of its marijuana legalization ad | Libertarian Party
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina