Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 02:35 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,548,593 times

Advertisements

The potholes were growing bigger before Winter Storm Leon hit the state. It will get a lot worse in the weeks to come. What boggles my mind is that the problems with SCDOT started under Sanford. $29 billion is needed and Haley's only found 1/29th of that amount in one year. Can you say "big deficit"? The longer we ignore the problem the bigger it becomes. One day all of this scouting Haley is doing for new business won't mean anything because when they come here to check us out and see our roads they'll laugh in her face!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 07:13 PM

2,318 posts, read 2,968,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
Mt. Pleasant
That's not exactly her fault since both Mt. Pleasant and Charleston have limits on the height of buildings. For Mt. Pleasant it's 4 stories and for Charleston they can't be taller than the church steeples. However, the limit in Mt. Pleasant is nearing it's end i would guess what with that hotel going up at the end of I-526... granted that's on county land but meh.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:34 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,548,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
That's not exactly her fault since both Mt. Pleasant and Charleston have limits on the height of buildings. For Mt. Pleasant it's 4 stories and for Charleston they can't be taller than the church steeples. However, the limit in Mt. Pleasant is nearing it's end i would guess what with that hotel going up at the end of I-526... granted that's on county land but meh.
Wow, these height restrictions are about as stupid as parking requirements. Why not let the business decide if it wants it instead of forcing the vehicle dominating culture on them?

Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,428,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
So your thread is irrelevant.
^^^^ This

I would have given you the benefit of the doubt until I got to the term "tea bagger" which is a pretty offensive term. Take a look at Urban Dictionary if you don't know what it means. It has been co-opted by the far left to take shots at people that want keep the government out of their lives. So that tells me a whole lot about where you are coming from.

It sounds like you're all butthurt over SC not spending enough money. Haven't you seen how well that's working on the national level? SC is bringing jobs to the area and is a right to work state. Meaning yes your sorry butt can get fired. You show up, do your job, keep your mouth shut and give the boss what he's paying you for and chances are you won't find yourself canned.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
^^^^ This

I would have given you the benefit of the doubt until I got to the term "tea bagger" which is a pretty offensive term. Take a look at Urban Dictionary if you don't know what it means. It has been co-opted by the far left to take shots at people that want keep the government out of their lives. So that tells me a whole lot about where you are coming from.

It sounds like you're all butthurt over SC not spending enough money. Haven't you seen how well that's working on the national level? SC is bringing jobs to the area and is a right to work state. Meaning yes your sorry butt can get fired. You show up, do your job, keep your mouth shut and give the boss what he's paying you for and chances are you won't find yourself canned.
Hm, whatever. I use it because it seems to be the proper term when referring to a member of the tea party. Dont really care what its spin meaning is.

Not really butthurt, just find it intriguing. Keeping your books in the black is great. Ignoring things that need doing is not. Its great theyre recruiting jobs. Its too bad theyre not more diverse. That would help retainmore residents and bring even more new ones. Its too bad that policy doesnt work theyway its supposed to. I know way too many thats been inexcusably fired.

Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,428,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Hm, whatever. I use it because it seems to be the proper term when referring to a member of the tea party. Dont really care what its spin meaning is.

Not really butthurt, just find it intriguing. Keeping your books in the black is great. Ignoring things that need doing is not. Its great theyre recruiting jobs. Its too bad theyre not more diverse. That would help retainmore residents and bring even more new ones. Its too bad that policy doesnt work theyway its supposed to. I know way too many thats been inexcusably fired.
Hmm whatever...

Old 01-31-2014, 05:42 PM

117 posts, read 110,727 times
SC roads are decent. As good as any other state. Mount Pleasant was cited as bad but there a nice new bridge over the harbor and Highway 17 was upgraded and that has helped traffic flow a good bit.

Haley is a great governor and a fine woman. She makes an excellent role model for young women. Hopefully she would run for president because we can use a leader with an accounting education and work experience in the White House. We cannot continue to spend money we do not have or continue to borrow.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggshall View Post
SC roads are decent. As good as any other state. Mount Pleasant was cited as bad but there a nice new bridge over the harbor and Highway 17 was upgraded and that has helped traffic flow a good bit.

Haley is a great governor and a fine woman. She makes an excellent role model for young women. Hopefully she would run for president because we can use a leader with an accounting education and work experience in the White House. We cannot continue to spend money we do not have or continue to borrow.
Lmao rofl Haley has no electability nationally. Mitt, Palin, Ryan, McCain, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, etc would all have a better chance. Who wants to elect a governor from a state that doesnt even have a second tier city.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:30 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,324,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
as in non-white

you always hear people screaming about not enough "minorities" in govt

but what they really mean is blacks/hispanic/asian etc that are liberals
The status of a "minority" references their portion of national population, not global.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:10 AM

117 posts, read 110,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Lmao rofl Haley has no electability nationally. Mitt, Palin, Ryan, McCain, Perry, Bachmann, Santorum, etc would all have a better chance. Who wants to elect a governor from a state that doesnt even have a second tier city.
Most presidents have been governors first. Mitt and Mccain are done, why nominate previous losers who couldn't carry traditional red states like Va. Palin and Bachmann both have unusual accents that makes them easy to ridicule and they look better than your average female politician which seems to irritate your average female voter because they think only reason males like them is their looks.

Perry flamed out and I don't think we will elect another inarticulate person after 8 years of Bush and Democrats mocking him as stupid because he mangled the English language. He might have a shot because he does have some charisma. The main thing we need is charisma...McCain has none and Romney does but it doesn't come out in the campaigns.

Santorum only pulled a distant 2nd in a weak field after numerous other candidates bombed out. He was basically the last anti-Romney candidate standing so he benefited more from that than anything. I don't think he has the right personality to win the presidency and independents probably hate him more than any Republican.

Haley has been a governor, she has a good conservative record on taxes and spending, she is against the new healthcare law that is not popular, she isn't easy to mock like Palin because her accent and pitch of her voice sounds normal. She seems serious and has an accounting background. She would be the first female president.

Democrats always say everybody we nominate is unelectable including Reagan and the Bushes. I believe we said that about Obama.

My hope it is Haley, Jindal, Scott Walker, or maybe Rubio or Perry.

Why does a candidate need to come from a state with a "first tier city"? You are basically limiting the candidate to a few states mostly blue ones outside of Texas if that is the case. I don't understand the city tier thing anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina