Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:21 PM

124 posts, read 128,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Yet, California PAYS far more to the Feds than they should, right? So, it evens out. In fact, they pay 22 cents on each dollar, and we GET 35 cents more per dollar.

They have a lot. And they PAY a lot, in fact, they pay more than they receive.

I would say I don't know how you don't grasp this.....but, I'd be lying. You're a Republican. Math and logic isnt' a requirement.
I'm a mechanical engineer. You are a firefighter. You are the math whiz? LOl

They don't pay more than they receive. They have more people to give handouts to, twice as many as they should based on their population, and those people aren't paying taxes. In SC we have half as many recepients of welfare as we should based on our population, so obviusly more money flows to CA than SC as far as welfare payments go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 04:25 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,419,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstone View Post
I'm a mechanical engineer. You are a firefighter. You are the math whiz? LOl

They don't pay more than they receive. They have more people to give handouts to, twice as many, and those people aren't paying taxes. In SC we get half of what we should for welfare receipments so obviusly more money flows to CA than SC.
1) No, you aren't. The PM you sent me last month exposed who/what you are. No need to lie.

2) Yes, and Im quite proud of that, thanks for the compliment.

3) They do pay more than they get. That's just a raw number. Math. Understand?

4) So a state of 30,000,000 gets more government funding than one of 4,000,000? Wow genius, that was a tough one. But, they pay more to Uncle Sam than they receive, and we receive more from Uncle Sambama than we pay. Ratio. %. Lots of words and mathematical ways of explaining it to you.

Its a fact. I know you hate it. Look it up all you want.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:12 AM

1,914 posts, read 3,485,564 times
At least she acted quickly, Democrat Governor Blanco waited, what, over a week to ask for help from the Bush Administration? You Dems really want that to happen, where a sitting governor of a state hems and haws before bothering to ring up the Feds for a little help?

Old 02-14-2014, 03:05 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,419,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
At least she acted quickly, Democrat Governor Blanco waited, what, over a week to ask for help from the Bush Administration? You Dems really want that to happen, where a sitting governor of a state hems and haws before bothering to ring up the Feds for a little help?
Well, I'd prefer the governor and state have a plan and agency in place...BEFORE the storm to deal with it. Afterall, this was NOT a huge storm. By national standards, it was just a moderate winter storm. Something other cities deal with every single year, several times a year. But, it crippled South Carolina to the point of begging Obama for help.

And wait until September. Nikki Haley will campaign on "small government" and make speeches ripping Obama, the Feds and taxes in general. Just months after begging for their help.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:08 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,633,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Just a question.....you say "you dems" implying that democrats are dumb. I also see where folks claim conservatives are dumb, why is it that folks are trying harder to "brand" someone with a label and therefore they are dumb. This is exactly why folks who are too far let or too far right are irrelevant for being reasonable. I see folks on here blame Obama for the current economic environment (and there is truth to that) but forgetting that Bush in essence trashed the economy to the point of depression. In the end, Haley had to ask for federal government assistance whether she is a democrat or republican, it is her job. But, it also shows that conservatives are wrong in assuming that government is bad. Becoming too caught up in politics is the most ineffective use of time.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Just a question.....you say "you dems" implying that democrats are dumb. I also see where folks claim conservatives are dumb, why is it that folks are trying harder to "brand" someone with a label and therefore they are dumb. This is exactly why folks who are too far let or too far right are irrelevant for being reasonable. I see folks on here blame Obama for the current economic environment (and there is truth to that) but forgetting that Bush in essence trashed the economy to the point of depression. In the end, Haley had to ask for federal government assistance whether she is a democrat or republican, it is her job. But, it also shows that conservatives are wrong in assuming that government is bad. Becoming too caught up in politics is the most ineffective use of time.
Bush presided over a good economy 7.25 years out of 8. Obama presided over 5 plus years out of 5 plus years. You just parrote Obama's dumb talking point in which he tries to blame Bush for housing crisis which was the result of dumb lending practices to poor Democrat voters that the Bush admin warned about.

You voted for Obama twice and you are one of the more political people on here.

No conservative "assumes the government is bad" by default. We aren't anarchists. We oppose high taxation and irresponsible spending and borrowing and government being involved in stuff they shouldn't be like our healthcare and insurance.

You need to stop trying to define conservatives on here b/c as a leftwinger it is hard for you to be honest or right about it.

Conservatives pay federal taxes. Tax revenue for natural disasters isn't considered wasteful spending by conservatives. Money to NPR and Planned Parenthood for abortions and things like are considered wasteful.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Bush presided over a good economy 7.25 years out of 8. Obama presided over 5 plus years out of 5 plus years. You just parrote Obama's dumb talking point in which he tries to blame Bush for housing crisis which was the result of dumb lending practices to poor Democrat voters that the Bush admin warned about.

You voted for Obama twice and you are one of the more political people on here.

No conservative "assumes the government is bad" by default. We aren't anarchists. We oppose high taxation and irresponsible spending and borrowing and government being involved in stuff they shouldn't be like our healthcare and insurance.

You need to stop trying to define conservatives on here b/c as a leftwinger it is hard for you to be honest or right about it.
So, this is your new name and you are still trying to understand economics, funny. So, it only took Bush 3/4 of a year to detstroy trillions in private wealth? I will take 5 years if slowly building wealth over wrecking it in less than one year.

As for me, I am far from liberal, I just don't buy crap from Fox News or CNN. And, I especially don't listen to folks who claim they have all of the answers.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
So, this is your new name and you are still trying to understand economics, funny. So, it only took Bush 3/4 of a year to detstroy trillions in private wealth? I will take 5 years if slowly building wealth over wrecking it in less than one year.

As for me, I am far from liberal, I just don't buy crap from Fox News or CNN. And, I especially don't listen to folks who claim they have all of the answers.

Ok, well I trust Haley on accounting matters over some hack stock guy on the internet. Accounting is actually useful profession.

You don't do economics, brother. You don't have even a B.S. in economics.

Yeah Bush destroyed trillions of wealth and so we need this leftwing anti-capitalist European wannabe in Obama to save the private sector.

How's that working out, Obama fan boy?

I don't watch Fox News either and nobody watches CNN. You don't have to tell me what you watch but reality is you get your opnions from somewhere. You do read and listen to somebody and they are all leftwiing as hell.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, well I trust Haley on accounting matters over some hack stock guy on the internet. Accounting is actually useful profession.

You don't do economics, brother. You don't have even a B.S. in economics.

Yeah Bush destroyed trillions of wealth and so we need this leftwing anti-capitalist European wannabe in Obama to save the private sector.

How's that working out, Obama fan boy?

I don't watch Fox News either and nobody watches CNN. You don't have to tell me what you watch but reality is you get your opnions from somewhere. You do read and listen to somebody and they are all leftwiing as hell.
Back off the cliff tiger boy, I actually have degrees in economics, accounting in addition to my graduate degrees.

Here are the facts, the S&P is at historic levels, home prices are rising and in some place like Charlotte, are at per recession levels, the unemployment rate (which has always been determined in part by folks entering and exiting the workforce) is on a downward slope, debt levels are too high but commodity prices are stable. Are we out of the woods...no. Are we better than than when Bush destroyed the economy, yes.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Back off the cliff tiger boy, I actually have degrees in economics, accounting in addition to my graduate degrees.

Here are the facts, the S&P is at historic levels, home prices are rising and in some place like Charlotte, are at per recession levels, the unemployment rate (which has always been determined in part by folks entering and exiting the workforce) is on a downward slope, debt levels are too high but commodity prices are stable. Are we out of the woods...no. Are we better than than when Bush destroyed the economy, yes.
lol, yeah it is better under Obama than Bush. Thank god for his leadership. His admin couldn't design a functional website but he got this economoy turned around from evil Bush. You are talking about unemployment going down. lol You can just go on the job websites and see that isn't true. Lot more jobs in the Bush years than OBama years.

SC must be giving out business degrees to anybody if you even have 1 from there. I don't think you multiple degrees though. You either did finance, marketing, or some general business degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina