Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 09:05 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
North Carolina is in the news to though guys! I've seen plenty of articles talking about the Duke spills....
Yep. Duke is poisoning ground water all over NC and SC.

BUT.....we should all go visit Charlotte to admire and bask in the glory of their big tall building. Apparently that is what makes a city great.

So, Charlotte offers us giant office buildings for rich bankers and energy executives. Two of the groups that are doing so much harm to our states and national economy.

Um.....yeah. I'll take the beach, Falls Park, and USC football ANY day over anything in Charlotte.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:07 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,319,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Haha, you sound silly. Office space and some tall buildings. That's what Charlotte has to offer?

I'll take the beach any day. Have fun up in the Wal-Mart city of the South.
So true.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:55 AM

3,200 posts, read 4,613,328 times
Quote:
Haha, you sound silly. Office space and some tall buildings. That's what Charlotte has to offer?

I'll take the beach any day. Have fun up in the Wal-Mart city of the South.
Not only do you tell half truths, you apparently have reading comprehension problems as well. In response to your "list" about great hotels, I wrote about the buildings and ended with see how silly these lists are. Apparently, in your bid to be funny, you missed that.

In any case, you are about as ignorant about Charlotte as it gets. If you think that Charlotte is only bank buildings and Duke Energy (all companies that Charleston would do anything to get), you have no idea what you are talking about or you are just telling another lie to try and "win" an internet argument. On the positive side, a lie is lot better than other Charleston posters who talk about shooting up schools.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:34 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,961,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Not only do you tell half truths, you apparently have reading comprehension problems as well. In response to your "list" about great hotels, I wrote about the buildings and ended with see how silly these lists are. Apparently, in your bid to be funny, you missed that.

In any case, you are about as ignorant about Charlotte as it gets. If you think that Charlotte is only bank buildings and Duke Energy (all companies that Charleston would do anything to get), you have no idea what you are talking about or you are just telling another lie to try and "win" an internet argument. On the positive side, a lie is lot better than other Charleston posters who talk about shooting up schools.
North Carolina can keep duke, we like our waterways down here....

Old 03-19-2014, 04:36 PM

202 posts, read 295,675 times
Charleston has uility companies, both Santee Cooper and SCANA. Charlotte didn't do anything to get Duke Energy other than be in middle of Duke Energy's electric grid.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
North Carolina can keep duke, we like our waterways down here....
What do you think Duke is spilling?

Old 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post

Ummmm...........no, Charleston wouldn't "do anything" to get them. See, many big companies like that over the decades have wanted to build here. Heck, why not? What rich executive wouldn't like to loosen his tie at 5pm, jump on the yacht in the harbor and dine on the water overlooking the peninsula?

BUT........Charleston has never, and probably never will, loosen it's height restrictions, or, defy the Board of Architectural Review......both of which prevent buildings like Bank of America or Dukes from coming here.

Sure, they're all tall and pretty (if you are into that kind of thing). But, Charleston has said not to that for good reason.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
What do you think Duke is spilling?
Coal ash. Its all over the NC and upper state SC area, polluting ground water. Quite disgusting and shameful. The NC governor (who spent 30 years as a Duke Power exec) BLOCKED a lawsuit by the people of NC against Duke, and said the NC govt would handle it, and he "punished" Duke with a $99,000 fine. Seriously. Google it.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Coal ash. Its all over the NC and upper state SC area, polluting ground water. Quite disgusting and shameful. The NC governor (who spent 30 years as a Duke Power exec) BLOCKED a lawsuit by the people of NC against Duke, and said the NC govt would handle it, and he "punished" Duke with a $99,000 fine. Seriously. Google it.
lol, ok. I know it wasn't anything legit. I don't think Duke Energy and Charlotte have anything to do with each other though.

Old 03-19-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esso View Post
lol, ok. I know it wasn't anything legit. I don't think Duke Energy and Charlotte have anything to do with each other though.
It is legit, look it up.

Duke is headquartered in Charlotte. The 2nd biggest and newest skyscraper is Dukes.......paid for in part by overcharging their customers and being allowed to dump toxins into the ground without consequence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina