Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2015, 09:39 AM

11 posts, read 12,796 times

Advertisements

hi, we are currently in the process of relocating to Anderson County. after doing my initial research, we are going to try to stay within the Anderson district 1.I have read a lot of good positive reviews on both districts 1 & 5.initially we plan on renting till we find a home that we are all happy with (myself,wife & 8yr old). Could somebody please clarify the boundary lines on which I have to live within to be considered district 1?any thoughts, opinions,or maybe somebody currently dealing with district 1 I would love to hear your opinion please. thank you everybody for your help in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 09:52 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Anderson School District One includes the towns of Pelzer, West Pelzer and Williamston and the communities of Piedmont, Powdersville and Wren. Are you looking to reside in these areas of northeastern Anderson County?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:34 AM

Most likely yes. I have a job in the anderson and willing to commute to work as long as my son is in a good school. I will look to rent for a while till I get to know the area more then we will buy a home somewhere. Ultimately when I do buy somewhere I would like to have a home with a few acres of land for peace and quiet, privacy, etc. Can you point me in the area to be looking in ? I really need advice in my decision as I know the area but not really. Thank you.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:20 AM

The Wren community is growing in population and will see more development. Acreage will be at a premium here in several years. It should provide peace and quiet away from the rapid development in Powdersville.

If you are looking to rent first, you would want to start with something low maintenance in an established area. Powdersville should have several options.

Old 06-18-2015, 10:20 AM

Thank you Carolina Knight for all your help. I am truly thankful to you. Do you happen to live in the area? Please correct me if you think I'm not thinking correctly but my plan is to work in Anderson and reside in between there and Greenville and be about 1/2 way between both and also be in a good school district for my son ?

Old 06-18-2015, 10:46 AM

Question, you said previously to avoid "the rapid development " of Powdersville but towards the end you also say that "Powdersville should have several options". If powdersville is growing at an alarming rate maybe renting then buying there might not be my best choice ?? Maybe a neighboring town instead in the same school district and maybe more affordable than Powdersville might be a better choice for me? I would like to be in an established area, not brand new and expanding (good for some people, just not me) and ultimately have some property and be in good school district. I'm moving from a pretty populated area now with a small lot of land and wanting the opposite.. Thank you again for your opinion

Old 06-18-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6674 View Post
Thank you Carolina Knight for all your help. I am truly thankful to you. Do you happen to live in the area? Please correct me if you think I'm not thinking correctly but my plan is to work in Anderson and reside in between there and Greenville and be about 1/2 way between both and also be in a good school district for my son ?
If you are looking to reside between Anderson and Greenville, northeastern Anderson County will be the place to be. I have not heard anything bad about Anderson School District One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6674 View Post
Question, you said previously to avoid "the rapid development " of Powdersville but towards the end you also say that "Powdersville should have several options". If powdersville is growing at an alarming rate maybe renting then buying there might not be my best choice ?? Maybe a neighboring town instead in the same school district and maybe more affordable than Powdersville might be a better choice for me? I would like to be in an established area, not brand new and expanding (good for some people, just not me) and ultimately have some property and be in good school district. I'm moving from a pretty populated area now with a small lot of land and wanting the opposite.. Thank you again for your opinion
Powdersville is an established community that continues to grow with increased residential and commercial developments. The Wren community, several miles south toward Anderson, is quiet away from explosive growth.

Are you looking to buy or rent first? Renting first would give you more time to acclimate and familiarize yourself with the area.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:20 PM

Definitely looking to rent 1st then purchase something. Want to rent in the same district 1 school system as I would eventually buy in. I don't want my son to have to go into a new school again & again, one time transition will be hard enough for him. So within district 1 which town would anyone recommend as affordable with larger lots of land ? I'm not too concerned about being 15 mins away from town. In a perfect world would love to be between Anderson and Greenville with some property with district 1 school's...thanks again for all replies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina