Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2023, 11:28 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Just curious.. does Sumter even have a strip club? I remember a slew of shady clubs on 378 across from the base that had strip shows.. but I dont think they were actually official clubs. I am sure there are some out in the boonies that open and close at will... Rembert, Pinewood and maybe out in the "dog leg". THe City seems to be more regulated some of the big anchor churches on far west, downtown, and south side of town keep it that way.. The County is the wild wild west.. atleast when it comes to permits and rules....LOL
Lol, I spat my drink out on that one. You are talking about Sumter man, no way no how that will ever be allowed here. This is pretty much a dry county when it comes to things like that. I believe many many years ago they may have had adult an bookstores. But any such things have long been banished from the county as a whole. That's pretty much everywhere in this state, I'm sure with a few exceptions. This is Bible belt country around here lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2023, 09:18 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Lol, I spat my drink out on that one. You are talking about Sumter man, no way no how that will ever be allowed here. This is pretty much a dry county when it comes to things like that. I believe many many years ago they may have had adult an bookstores. But any such things have long been banished from the county as a whole. That's pretty much everywhere in this state, I'm sure with a few exceptions. This is Bible belt country around here lol.
I agree that there are no "official" strip clubs in Sumter.. But I have known people stationed at Shaw that have attended many "unofficial" events at various nightclubs.. mostly along 378 or in some of those far reaching places that I mentioned. But to your point, if you walked into the permitting office had to appear in front of the Planning Commission to get formal approval for such a facility. I am sure that hearing would be standing room only.

Old 07-09-2023, 08:24 AM

93 posts, read 89,873 times
They have the lot next to Lowes where the Royal Rangers usually set up Fireworks fenced off with black plastic. Hmmmmm wonder if something is finally gna go there! We need a restaurant there.

Old 07-09-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
They have the lot next to Lowes where the Royal Rangers usually set up Fireworks fenced off with black plastic. Hmmmmm wonder if something is finally gna go there! We need a restaurant there.
I'm not aware of anything at the moment. That property was up for sale, so perhaps it was sold and ready to be developed into something, hopefully a new restaurant like you said.

Old 07-09-2023, 08:19 PM

634 posts, read 326,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzritz007 View Post
I saw elsewhere that a discount tire place (not an actual Discount Tires but a cheap place to buy them) was going next to Lowes but I wasn't sure if that meant it was going behind it or directly next to it behind the Michael's and Gamestop strip. If it's going behind it in that large open space then I'll be pretty disappointed; I've been hoping for something big to go on that land for years. It's a prime spot.

Old 07-09-2023, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEL1NER View Post
I saw elsewhere that a discount tire place (not an actual Discount Tires but a cheap place to buy them) was going next to Lowes but I wasn't sure if that meant it was going behind it or directly next to it behind the Michael's and Gamestop strip. If it's going behind it in that large open space then I'll be pretty disappointed; I've been hoping for something big to go on that land for years. It's a prime spot.
Sumter really have no shortage of tire shops. If that is true, it will be across the street from the Wal Mart tire center. It's a heavy traffic corridor so I can see why they would want one there. I would hate to see that prime real estate become yet another tire shop but, if they bought it, I guess they can do what they want with it.

Old 07-10-2023, 09:16 AM

8,223 posts, read 13,338,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Sumter really have no shortage of tire shops. If that is true, it will be across the street from the Wal Mart tire center. It's a heavy traffic corridor so I can see why they would want one there. I would hate to see that prime real estate become yet another tire shop but, if they bought it, I guess they can do what they want with it.
LOL...we need to keep good tires on our cars so we can drive out of town to go to strip clubs

OK.. I will officially move on from this topic...

Old 07-10-2023, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
LOL...we need to keep good tires on our cars so we can drive out of town to go to strip clubs

OK.. I will officially move on from this topic...

Old 07-11-2023, 07:05 AM

35 posts, read 27,515 times
I've noticed some work is being done on the old Kimbrell's building (102 S. Main St.) looks like they're using a crane to do some work on the roof (f air conditioning?). Wonder what's that's about?

Old 07-11-2023, 08:55 PM

217 posts, read 239,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael9150 View Post
I've noticed some work is being done on the old Kimbrell's building (102 S. Main St.) looks like they're using a crane to do some work on the roof (f air conditioning?). Wonder what's that's about?

Is this the location of the new El Paso restaurant??
https://images.app.goo.gl/WfUYmjJyUyPxtSbw9
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina