Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Lots of Republicans are calling for the flag to come down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 08:20 AM

53 posts, read 42,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
You know someone has no other argument to make when they resort to making comparisons to Hitler.

Just, stop. We're embarrassed for you.
There is little to say when someone advocates that elected officials ignore the wishes of their constituents. YOU may feel one way, and have the right to contact your officals. But to demand all officals follow suit is a dangerous road to go down.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:02 AM

515 posts, read 482,591 times
Rush? Is that you trolling C-D now?

Old 06-27-2015, 11:17 AM

Yawn

Old 06-27-2015, 11:17 AM

506 posts, read 1,026,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtopplings View Post
Rush? Is that you trolling C-D now?
Welcome back Francis. Give him a little time, it will not be long until you see "Not a Member" under his screen name.

Old 06-27-2015, 12:13 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,033,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boys Are Back View Post
Have you noticed that no leftwinger can refute anything I said?

They cannot explain why it is ok they can operate under the "The Democratic Party', the historic political party of slavery, segregaton, Jim Crow, a party that opposed anti-lynching laws, the party that created the Confederate flag and put it on state houses.

I agree with pulling down the flag, but it makes no sense to not also pull down the party who flew under that flag at the same time.

They will never take down their party name, even though it is the party that oppressed black people.

Democrats on here like to get on here and race bait and exploit a mass murder but they can't actually debate Republicans when challenged.

I would say the killer and people who support abortion have a lot in common. Disregard for life.

Where can I attend a vigil for people aborted by Democrats? There are no vigils. That includes a lot of black people who lose their life in the womb.

The womb and a church should be sanctuaries of peace and safety from harm, not violent death.

It cracks me up the party that still uses the Democrat Party name tries to demonize some *misguided* people for being opposed to taking down the Confederate flag. lol
Why should we refute you when reality does such a good job of it for us?

Old 06-27-2015, 01:28 PM

Reading your broken record drivel is an abortion.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 PM

496 posts, read 467,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post
I'm saying they should do what's best for South Carolina, regardless of what their constituents or they support personally.
Regardless of what state, aren't our representatives supposed to listen to his/her constituents and vote according to what they want? Isn't that their job?

Old 06-05-2016, 02:02 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,830,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
Regardless of what state, aren't our representatives supposed to listen to his/her constituents and vote according to what they want? Isn't that their job?
Not really. The majority elects representatives who generally agree with their point of view, and then expect them to make informed decisions on what is best for our city/county/state/country etc.

In today's complex world, it is virtually impossible for a representative to truly know how a majority of his constituents really feel on every issue that comes before him/her. If that were true, it would simply be a case of the the loudest always winning. The best we can hope for is that they make wise, moral, ethical decisions that in the long run will be the right ones. Unfortunately, the reality is that too many decisions are made based on which lobbyists came best help finance the next round of elections.

In SC, I remain grateful that laws are not based strictly on the views of the majority. The 50's were an ugly time and I don't care to relive them. BTW, I'm a native so I'm allowed to say that...

Old 06-05-2016, 07:07 PM

496 posts, read 467,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PawleysDude View Post
Not really. The majority elects representatives who generally agree with their point of view, and then expect them to make informed decisions on what is best for our city/county/state/country etc.

In today's complex world, it is virtually impossible for a representative to truly know how a majority of his constituents really feel on every issue that comes before him/her. If that were true, it would simply be a case of the the loudest always winning. The best we can hope for is that they make wise, moral, ethical decisions that in the long run will be the right ones. Unfortunately, the reality is that too many decisions are made based on which lobbyists came best help finance the next round of elections.

In SC, I remain grateful that laws are not based strictly on the views of the majority. The 50's were an ugly time and I don't care to relive them. BTW, I'm a native so I'm allowed to say that...
I live in a very small town/village. Our county is pretty small. When our representatives are running, they are always stating, I am working for you. I'm your voice. etc. etc. Our largest city, in the state, is Burlington with 44K people. I've only ever driven through bigger cities and never lived in one. Maybe it's different in more populated areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina