Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 08:24 PM

632 posts, read 748,693 times

Advertisements

I 100% agree with the OP. Hold your ground and stand up for your opinion. You are perfectly within your rights to speak your piece. Don't ever let those who disagree with sway you, just because they are noisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 08:31 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
What happened un Ferguson wasnt even illegal. What happened in Baltimore. ..those cops are gonna be found not guilty.

What "happened" in Charleston was far FAR worse and was true evil.
Yes it was far worse and the circumstances were about as different as they can get in these types of situations; the only thing they have in common is that people died. The comparison here is completely invalid.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:48 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,032,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
I 100% agree with the OP. Hold your ground and stand up for your opinion. You are perfectly within your rights to speak your piece. Don't ever let those who disagree with sway you, just because they are noisy.
The OP can have whatever opinion he wants to have on the Charleston massacre, the response, or the flag. No one is arguing that. However, suggesting that people outside the state with opinions on the flag should shut up because they aren't from around here is ridiculous. This is national news about a topic of national interest.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:52 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Scoppe: Confederate flag decision must be made by South Carolinians, not outsiders | The State The State

We as South Carolinians have love for one another...outsiders who need a story can't see it that way. Or outsiders coming to stir up crap on either side.

See here's the funny thing for all you outsiders that want to give their oh so expert and world changing opinion on this topic...it means literally nothing. This Confederate Flag flying over the South Carolina Statehouse can only be altered, or changed by those residing in the beautiful area between the Savannah River and the Atlantic Ocean and oh by the way, the issue can and will be handled in a manor that is respectful and peaceful to our fellow South Carolinaians, regardless of differing viewpoints.

So for all of those who want to come and stir the pot because they have nothing better to do in their pathetic lives in their pathetic home states, I suggest go to Missouri or Baltimore, or Los Angeles or somewhere else that puts up with that kind of crap because here in SC we come together in tragedy rather than fall apart!
Well, I agree to a point, but are you saying the same about the people coming down from North Carolina for the Big KKK Rally?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
The OP can have whatever opinion he wants to have on the Charleston massacre, the response, or the flag. No one is arguing that. However, suggesting that people outside the state with opinions on the flag should shut up because they aren't from around here is ridiculous. This is national news about a topic of national interest.
I completely agree (although I don't think you meant to quote me ).

Old 06-30-2015, 09:19 PM

He still gets to hold his opinion, no matter how strongly you don't agree. The national press is guilty of trying to inflame public sentiment, so that they can get juicy stories that justify their negatively biased views of this state. This event has already spawned more than enough straw men, and it's time to let the people of our state begin to heal these wounds, as is our custom. I bear no guilt or shame for the actions of a madman, nor should the state of SC. I do, however, hold the congregation and victim families dear to my heart. Their pain is indeed ours to share, as their brethren.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
He still gets to hold his opinion, no matter how strongly you don't agree. The national press is guilty of trying to inflame public sentiment, so that they can get juicy stories that justify their negatively biased views of this state. This event has already spawned more than enough straw men, and it's time to let the people of our state begin to heal these wounds, as is our custom. I bear no guilt or shame for the actions of a madman, nor should the state of SC. I do, however, hold the congregation and victim families dear to my heart. Their pain is indeed ours to share, as their brethren.
Telling someone to shut up because you don't want to hear them is an opinion only in the most hypertechnical sense of the word.

I'm not sure where this idea that the national media is stirring things up is coming from. If anything, South Carolina and South Carolinians have come across as gracious, loving, and decent people in the national media. Of course, there are always agitators on all sides, but it's a stretch to say they represent the larger narrative.

The pain and recovery from something like this is larger than just us as South Carolinians. This tragedy affected the entire country.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:42 PM

Last I checked, prior approval isn't required to express an opinion. Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree...eh?

Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Last I checked, prior approval isn't required to express an opinion. Looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree...eh?
Again, I repeat (not that it matters): his so-called opinion is irrelevant. It's about being a grown up and not stomping your feet and telling other people to shut up because they make you mad.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
We have the media to blame for all of this BS. Everything was fine before this young punk did something stupid causing the media to dive in screaming and throwing gasoline on the flames. They are absolutely to blame for attracting all of the idiots out of the woodwork who are now giving the media more ratings. A lot of these people committing criminal acts are probably coming in from outside the state, like moths to the flame. Gogo ratings...

The punk who started all of this even made a statement that he was upset because SC has no Klan or people willing to commit these crimes - he was so disappointed in the state. His whole point was that this type of thing does not happen in SC. The irony, the media has now created...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina