Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:16 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,416,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Bulldog View Post
Carolina over schools in VA? Wow.
how does a person who recently moved to SC from Cali know much about SC or VA colleges to do a comparison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 06:42 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,454,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Bulldog View Post
Carolina over schools in VA? Wow.

We did, too. She got into VT & JMU with scholarship offers. Detested the snobs at UVA & W&M.

Had a great experience in SC. Five years after graduation, she's making over $80k and was happy as could be at Carolina

k

Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
We did, too. She got into VT & JMU with scholarship offers. Detested the snobs at UVA & W&M.

Had a great experience in SC. Five years after graduation, she's making over $80k and was happy as could be at Carolina

k
It's a long time ago, but I knew a lot of VA folks at USC. I'm sure they had their reasons.

Old 08-22-2016, 07:17 PM

1 posts, read 580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondCol View Post
We are from Richmond and dropped off our daughter (1st year at Carolina) at USC recently. First, we hate to see her living 5 hours away. However, we could not be more impressed with the students, faculty and administration at Carolina. The incoming class is extremely talented and the facilities at Carolina are outstanding. Although she is not in 650 Lincoln, the architecture/location of the Honors College dorm is amazing.......could be part of the reason why this is the #1 honors college in the country.

The Horseshoe is one of the best college settings in the country.......I went to Stanford for undergrad, UVA for grad school. The Horseshoe is on par with the best parts of campus at these schools.

I think she will be in the business school most of the time, the new building is one of the best I have seen.

Overall, very happy to see her at Carolina and more importantly, she loves it. As a state, South Carolina should be very proud of this university.
Just saw your post....by accident. We are actually looking to move to Fort Mill from Orlando and as luck would have it, our daughter also started Carolina this year. I have been reading this forum to get a feel for SC.

Our daughter is so happy at Carolina. It has obviously been a short time but, she loves the campus, school etc...

She is our youngest so we are sad to see her go. But, we are excited to see her like where she is. We looked at UF, UGA, Alabama, UNC and some private schools. Unfortunately, she applied to each of those schools (hate application fees) but, was accepted by all of them. It came down to UF (where her father graduated) UNC (where her mother graduated) and Carolina. After visiting the school, seeing the campus, facilities, dorms and the new business school, we are very impressed. Hope the new dorms over at Bates House are built when she is there.......how many thousands of dorms are going there?

Old 08-22-2016, 08:08 PM

5,676 posts, read 5,896,314 times
My niece went there for like 2 months. Couldn't stand the "party atmosphere", her words not mine.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM

5,725 posts, read 4,702,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
My niece went there for like 2 months. Couldn't stand the "party atmosphere", her words not mine.
Back when Playboy did their rankings of party schools, USC was always included. I must admit I had a blast there.

However, why would you stay for 2 months and not get credit?

Old 08-23-2016, 04:58 AM

14,254 posts, read 14,762,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
She then want where?

Old 08-23-2016, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
She then want where?
Presbyterian College.

Old 08-23-2016, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Back when Playboy did their rankings of party schools, USC was always included. I must admit I had a blast there.

However, why would you stay for 2 months and not get credit?
She was given credit when she transferred to PC. All of her scholarships transferred as well.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:48 AM

935 posts, read 1,650,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post

k
Very similar story as LLs as we sorta shared these times back then (hello Lynch). My daughter today is a resident up there in the big city and it's only an hour away ! (and i've finally gotten her back into school for more !)

But please don't think it may be even a little bit conservative by any means ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina