Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2017, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,516 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My husband just recently took a job in Lugoff, South Carolina. We currently live in a small town in Wisconsin and plan on moving to the area sometime later in the summer. My husband will be going down without us and we will be joining him when our home here sells. We have 4 children ages 2-7 and I am currently homeschooling them so schools aren't really an issue for us but I would be interested in being close to a homeschool co-op. We currently live in the country on 10 acres and we would love to be in a place where we can raise some of our own food, i.e., chickens, laying hens, gardening, etc. but we really don't want to be too far from where my husband works in Lugoff. He is currently commuting an hour and fifteen minutes so we would want to be within 10-25 minutes of where he will be working. I just wanted an idea of what the area is like and if there is a better area to live. My family basically made it sound like we would be victims of violent crime immediately upon arrival! So, safety is a big issue and while I don't want to be too far from things that are going on, I am not afraid to be "out in the country" so to speak. I am used to small town living so that doesn't bother me but I wouldn't object to being in a nice family-friendly neighborhood. I read some other threads that made it sound like Camden was full of rich old southern families that weren't interested in making friends? Any truth to this? Anyway, I guess I just want to know some of the nicer areas to live within a 25 mile radius of Lugoff. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2017, 05:55 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,846,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamountin View Post
Hello!
My husband just recently took a job in Lugoff, South Carolina. We currently live in a small town in Wisconsin and plan on moving to the area sometime later in the summer. My husband will be going down without us and we will be joining him when our home here sells. We have 4 children ages 2-7 and I am currently homeschooling them so schools aren't really an issue for us but I would be interested in being close to a homeschool co-op. We currently live in the country on 10 acres and we would love to be in a place where we can raise some of our own food, i.e., chickens, laying hens, gardening, etc. but we really don't want to be too far from where my husband works in Lugoff. He is currently commuting an hour and fifteen minutes so we would want to be within 10-25 minutes of where he will be working. I just wanted an idea of what the area is like and if there is a better area to live. My family basically made it sound like we would be victims of violent crime immediately upon arrival! So, safety is a big issue and while I don't want to be too far from things that are going on, I am not afraid to be "out in the country" so to speak. I am used to small town living so that doesn't bother me but I wouldn't object to being in a nice family-friendly neighborhood. I read some other threads that made it sound like Camden was full of rich old southern families that weren't interested in making friends? Any truth to this? Anyway, I guess I just want to know some of the nicer areas to live within a 25 mile radius of Lugoff. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!
I'd recommend Camden if you want a relatively small town feel. That's close to his work and not too far from many amenities and there's plenty of land out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina