Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,566 times

Advertisements

Hi! My daughter is starting school in Spartanburg next year. We are looking for a place to invest in real estate. The houses that we are are looking most be between the $90,000 and $115,000. Do you have any suggestions.
What is within a 1/2 of drive from Spartanburg. What is the rate of unemployment of those areas .

Thanks for your help
God bless you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 07:40 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,556,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki1993 View Post
Hi! My daughter is starting school in Spartanburg next year. We are looking for a place to invest in real estate. The houses that we are are looking most be between the $90,000 and $115,000. Do you have any suggestions.
What is within a 1/2 of drive from Spartanburg. What is the rate of unemployment of those areas .

Thanks for your help
God bless you
Spartanburg is included in the Greenville subforum. You might get better answers there. //www.city-data.com/forum/green...rtanburg-area/

Look for the "NEW THREAD" link to start a new thread.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 PM

747 posts, read 1,684,528 times
Well I see you have already run into some rudeness. I hate that for you, sadly not every one in the south understands how to be nice and polite, not every one embraces the "southern lifestyle" so you will have a few rude people along the way, just ignore them.

Now i'm going to give you some advice from a husband and wife who moved from WV, to Myrtle. Which is kind of almost the same thing since PA is a next door neighbor.

Now i'm going to go by our experience and say that yes there are jobs, but some times they can be hard to find. Now my husband and I moved here without jobs. For my husband it took a little over 30 days to get a job, but when the jobs hit the came in spades and he has ended up with a job that will pay pretty darn well and there is room for growth.

We ran into some rude people along the way, but as it turns out not everyone in SC is rude (even though some times it may seem that way) and the people my husband will be working for are very nice people, very friendly and polite. Me on the other hand has had some interviews I didn't end up going to because my husband ended up with such a job that right now it isn't necessary I work.

Jobs down here it seems to take people a long time to respond to applications (around 2-3 weeks) but once they do if you fill out a lot...you will find some thing. My husband has had many people call for interviews but he don't need them.

Now I'll give you a flip side of some people I rented from in WV whose husband is a teacher. Now the daughter moved here and works a min wage job. The husband staid behind in WV (he teaches) and he only comes down in the summer and when he does he works in restaurants. Kind of a weird set up but it works for them I guess.

Don't be afraid to move, I moved away from my family for the first time and i'm 30. Even being married and 30 I never lived more then 20 minutes away from my parents. I know your situation is different then mine but I was a little afraid to leave WV as well. Both my husband and I are doing okay...so and we came without jobs, granted we had a rough start... don't be afraid to move out to state. I do recommend trying to find a job before you get here just to make the process easier. That or do what we did save up a few months rent / bill money before you move down so you can take time to find jobs.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,326,475 times
Quid est vita sine periculo?

Latin, What is life without risk?

Old 05-03-2015, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,750 times
I'm looking to relocate to Charleston NC. But need a Medical Assistant job by the ending of September!!! I started doing my research from January. It very hard to get a job interview because am from another state! Can some one advice me what to do? Please I would appreciate the help!!

Old 05-03-2015, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,750 times
Is it reasonable to live in SC? I was looking on the rent!!!! Co. Comparison to other states, it wasn't really bad!!!!

Old 05-03-2015, 03:46 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,076,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayon33 View Post
I'm looking to relocate to Charleston NC. But need a Medical Assistant job by the ending of September!!! I started doing my research from January. It very hard to get a job interview because am from another state! Can some one advice me what to do? Please I would appreciate the help!!
Charleston SC - not NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina