Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 07:12 PM

7 posts, read 35,452 times

Advertisements

We were shown around HHIP last week and I am confused by all the different names of the different "subdivisions" within the development. Are they classified by how expensive they? Size of homes? If you live there would you please give me some advice. The realtor said "Well, this is a really nice area of HHIP" when we drove from one, The Headlands, to some other area, to yet another area. To me they all looked very similar, lovely but pretty much the same (except for an area with 1 million plus homes) Now THOSE looked different. If you could point out some pros and cons of even one area I would appreciate that. Thanks for any input. My husband and I are thinking of retirng there as it is so lovely and appears to be a super place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 09:14 AM

187 posts, read 980,149 times
I have lived in HHP for eight years. There is no real classification for the different sections. Ribaut Island and Seabrook are the most expensive as a whole.

You have Headlands, Rookery, Crooked Pond, Big Woods, Oyster Reef, High Bluff, Skull Creek, Bear Creek, Dolphin Head, and maybe one or two others I missed (in addition to Ribaut and Seabrook). Some sections only have wooded or lagoon view lots, others have golf course, marsh, and water views. Big Woods, Crooked Pond, and Rookery are generally the least expensive sections. Headlands, like many areas in HHP, is diverse in that you have homes ranging from $300-950,000 (the upper end homes in the Headlands will be found on Knollwood Drive and off Fallen Arrow).

Each section of HHP has a minimum square footage. Cannot remember the exact figures but I am thinking the smallest home allowed anywhere in HHP is right around 2000-2200 sq. ft.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:36 AM

7 posts, read 35,452 times
Default Thanks GJBenn85

Do you know approximately what all end costs would be ie, POA dues, taxes (we will live there year around), flood insurance, heating and cooling bills? Anything else you can think of?

Old 06-22-2009, 09:10 AM

187 posts, read 980,149 times
Hard to say, it all depends on your house, its size, and location. Wind/hail insurance will be your greatest expense next to a mortgage.

Old 02-13-2012, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 24,985 times
POA Fees are around $1000. Wind and hail for a 2400 sq ft home $2400... homeowners insurance $1300 ...Flood insurance $465... taxes $1465.

Live in Hickory Forest subdivision, 2nd row to Port Royal sound. Bought my home for $540k, currently ina short sale... for $389k. I put over $100k into the house- pool, hot tub, hardwood floors, all kinds of improvements.

It's expensive to live here- it is all miserable, elderly people who think they are "entitled". Sick of the disgusting attitude of this place. We are moving away.

If you're old, miserable and entititled and bored, move to Hilton Head.

Otherwise, save yourself from this island of misfit toys.....

I wish I had known....

Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM

683 posts, read 464,254 times
What's with the wind and hail insurance? Is that mandatory? We're moving to Bluffton next year and never heard of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina