Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 08:34 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,683,776 times

Advertisements

Im driving down to SC from CT to help move my parents into their new home down there. They are moving to montville but ill be staying ni spartangburg with my sister. We will have 2 days free after the moving so im just trying to get an idea of what i can plan for myself and a friend who is also coming down with me to help.

Would myrtle beach be a far drive? What about night life? Im a little nervous of the area since i have never been there before and I dont know how the people down there will react to us obviously not being from around that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 09:30 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,386,943 times
When will you be here? That would help us determine if anything special is happening that we could recommend.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,683,776 times
July 4th weekend, didnt even think about that

Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,830,075 times
Myrtle Beach is about 4 - 4.5 hours from Sptg. The traffic between the two will be godawful that weekend. I wouldn't even consider it unless you plan to extend your stay. There should be plenty of events between Greenville and Sptg around the 4th. Re-post your question in the Greenville/Spartanburg forum and be sure to include the dates. You should get plenty of suggestions. You'll be well-received. There's a high yankee-factor already in the area. Enjoy your visit!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:30 AM

899 posts, read 2,288,968 times
skel1977,

There's a lot you can do while you're in Spartanburg over the July 4th weekend.

If your into July 4th type activities, there is the big Red, White and Boom celebration on July 3rd in Barnet Park in downtown Spartanburg. They do music and fireworks. The fireworks have been ranked the best in the state before. On July 4th is the Red, White and Blue festival in downtown Greenville with vendors, music and more fireworks. Also, if you're into history, there is the July 4th event they do every year at Cowpens Battlefield just north of Spartanburg. They do Revolutionary War reenactments and fireworks.

There is a bar/nightlife district in Spartanburg that has literally developed in the past year. Some good bars and eateries are RJ Rockers Tap Room, Bravehearts Scottish, Crocs, Main St. Pub, Delaneys and Wild Wings. All are located in the same area.

There is also always people in downtown Greenville at all times of the day and into the night where there are bars, eateries, shops, ice cream shops, cafes, etc. etc. It's definitely worth checking out on your trip. Downtown Greenville is very pedestrian friendly with a nice downtown park that has one of the only natural urban waterfalls in the country.

There is also live outdoor concerts going on both Thursday and Friday nights in both downtown Greenville and Spartanburg.

Hope this helps plan your free time while you are here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina