Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:13 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Here's two photo's of my Dad's airplane. This happened over by Reheights. 1951-52?

Before:

After:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 07:41 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Ouch! What happened? Ground loop on landing? Piper Cubs are a neat and pretty airplane.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Hand County only has one hill. He found it while chasing coyotes. Couldn't shoot them from the plane so they'd run them until they was tired. Then land and walk them down. Good bounty back then because they had a real problem with coyotes.

A farmer saw them go down and jumped in his car and went over. He helped dad into the car and drove him to the hospital. The nurse who wheeled the gerney out got my dad onto the gerney and while wheeling him into the hospital, asked him for ID so she could notify somebody. The nurse was my mother. She didn't recognize dad. He spent many months in the hospital. Went on to live to 92 years old. Never saw the man lean on anything, never saw him limp. Although they replaced his left leg bone with an aluminum bone with a ball joint for an ankle.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:04 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Hand County only has one hill. He found it while chasing coyotes. Couldn't shoot them from the plane so they'd run them until they was tired. Then land and walk them down. Good bounty back then because they had a real problem with coyotes.

A farmer saw them go down and jumped in his car and went over. He helped dad into the car and drove him to the hospital. The nurse who wheeled the gerney out got my dad onto the gerney and while wheeling him into the hospital, asked him for ID so she could notify somebody. The nurse was my mother. She didn't recognize dad. He spent many months in the hospital. Went on to live to 92 years old. Never saw the man lean on anything, never saw him limp. Although they replaced his left leg bone with an aluminum bone with a ball joint for an ankle.
I know exactly which hill you are talking about. Wow.

My dad broke his ankle when a horse dumped him years ago. You would never be able to tell he had an injury. I hope I am half as tough as my parents and grand parents.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,372 times
Default Henry Miller's great great great granddaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylanne View Post
My mother's great grandfather is Henry Miller who founded the town of Miller. We are very interested in meeting and talking with anyone from Miller, or anyone who has an interest in Miller. We are also currently searching for Miller history and have acquired "Bring On the Pioneers" by Scott Heidepriem from the Hand County Library when my mother visited Miller over 30 years ago. I'm 51 years old, recently divorced, and considering moving to Miller. We'd love to talk to anyone of interest.
Hello! I too am interested in the life of and history behind Henry Miller. His son Charles settled in what is now Scottsdale Arizona. Miller Road is named in his honor by his dear friend US Army Chaplain Winfield Scott (founder of Scottsdale). There is even a bronze statue of Charles at Miller and Indian School Roads honoring him as an early pioneer. I have tons of information on him but am more interested in finding out more about Henry and relatives! I look forward to hearing from all of you

Old 06-15-2016, 11:28 AM

7 posts, read 6,090 times
I am curious though, where do people go to look for employment in the city of Miller? These are awesome pictures by the way!

Last edited by tri.duong; 06-15-2016 at 11:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota