Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:44 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,493,535 times

Advertisements

TANNER O'LEARY

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2165490/
http://www.state.sd.us/news/showDoc.aspx?i=9106
http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../71212057/1001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,168,250 times
My Dad was in WW2. He survived 3 years of combat and the Battle of the Bulge. I served during Vietnam. My two sons are in the mlitary. One spent almost a year in Afghanistan. My wife and I watched CNN alot during his time over there. I am proud that 3 generations of my family have made themselvles available to serve our country even if I haven't totaly agreed with some of the wars.
I commend and salute all of our troops where ever they might be, home or abroad for giving up some of the best years of their lives to protect us.
My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones in service to our country. The families need to be honored and supported also. They have made a great sacrifice.
Anyone who has never had a loved one serve in a war zone can't fully understand the feelings of the families back home. You might want to, and think you do, but you have to experience it to really know.
Everytime I meet a veteran or active member of the Armed Forces, I thank them. And I thank all the troops, and the families of the troops who are serving now. You have my upmost respect and gratitude.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:12 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,434,568 times
They finally announced the loss of our soldier on the news last yesterday.

Debey, I think of you so often and what you've gone through. I wish there was something I could say, but all I can think of is that I'm so sorry.
And thank you for the awful sacrifice you've had to make.

Rob, thank you to you and your family who've served our country. I just want you to know that the military families are thought of and prayed for often by many of us.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM

Tanner O'Leary
please leave a message of condolance for Tanner's family and family of friends, guestbook ..link below
http://www.legacy.com/RapidCity/GB/G...sonID=99825823
thank you, everyone.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
Tanner O'Leary
please leave a message of condolance for Tanner's family and family of friends, guestbook ..link below
http://www.legacy.com/RapidCity/GB/G...sonID=99825823
thank you, everyone.
Debey, thank you for sharing that with us.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:15 PM

Default From the Patriot Guard

To all our members, especially those who were able to attend the honor mission for Cpl Tanner O'Leary in Timber Lake, SD, last Thursday, Dec 20th. The email below was received from Veronica O'Leary, first cousin
of Tanners. If anyone wishes to send a note of best wishes or condolences to the family, please send to her address below. The family has expressed appreciation for our being there. I replied that the honor was ours and thanked them for letting us be there to express our appreciation for Tanners, and their family's, sacrifice.

Lance "SirLancelotSD"
High Plains Regional Captain, Patriot Guard Riders
www.PatriotGuard.org
SirlancelotSD@patriotguard.org
MSgt, USAF (Ret)
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Subject:
Date:

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I forwarded your e-mail to Carmen, Tanner's mom, this morning. I have not been around a computer until now so sorry for the delay in my response.

Thank you so much for your support. Our family was very touched by the show of support from everyone and it does provide a source of strength for everyone during this difficult time in our family. My cousin Brian who is stationed in Afghanistan went back on Monday and we hope Americans truly do appreciate all that these soldiers are doing for us. We have a long road ahead of us. Thank you for your service and all that the Patriot Guard Riders do to support the soldiers and their families. It truly does mean so much to all of us and please pass along our sincere thanks to the others in the Patriot Guard.

Sincerely,
Veronica O'Leary (1st cousin of Corporal Tanner O'Leary)

Old 12-28-2007, 11:19 PM

1,961 posts, read 6,922,290 times
My prayers and wishes go out to the soldiers and their families. The soldiers, which give their time, energy, care, and lives to our country and its people, should be honored for their hard work.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:09 PM

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...712300328/1004
An editorial by Terry Woster, about Tanner's funeral, and more.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:22 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Unfortunately, the list has been updated.

Page one of this thread.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:52 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,948,153 times
Just wanted to add... the link I attached below is for a paper called the Stars and Stripes, a paper serving the U.S. Military. As a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer, I can say that on many deployments, this newspaper brought me a little closer to home than I definitely was, sitting in the middle of the Arabian Gulf, Indian Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Pacific Ocean, Sea of Japan, etc.

The point of relevance of my email is that if you look at the paper (under Services -> Electronic Paper), the paper always lists the latest identities of those fallen men and women. It gives the total count of those that gave their lives along with it.

Although I am no longer active in the military, I am still with them in spirit. If any service member, current or past reads this. Thank you for my freedom, my lifestyle, my life. It was an honor to serve with you!

Steve (Rath)

Stars and Stripes: Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota