Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 AM

2 posts, read 8,326 times

Advertisements

My son is a student at DSU and I go come to SD every year to hunt. I will be retireing and I's like to come and stay for an extended period. Iwould like to fine a small farm house to rent or purchase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 10:47 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,103,940 times
Wow, had to open the old map to find out where you were talking about.

I grew up not far from there. Hand County. Most towns around there are dieing. No, not the normal population, but as far as outsiders moving in, it's just not happening. Mom and dad live there, and nobody else is keeping the towns going.

If you are planning on moving there, you'll help.

Unfortunately, the town I was born in, no longer even has a hospital. Well, they do. You can get stiches. But you can't birth a child. They don't do that anymore.

It's sad. So many farms and raches are becoming "Corp" and as a result there's just not enough people to support medical care. So it's only the bigger towns that have it. And they are die'ing too. It's just not right. In my small home town, we had a doctor that was an old die hard. He refused to give up. When he passed, the medical practice passed onto the next bigger town. So now, if your having a kid, it's 45 miles to the doctor.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 AM

19,726 posts, read 10,509,515 times
my daughter lives ion Northern Miner County, and I'm 30 miles away, in Sanborn Co. I'll see what i can find, for info, but i do klnow that rural housing isn't to great, as far as rentals go.
the big excitemnent is this

Mountain Lion Shot And Killed Near Howard. | KSFY.com - Your Source for News, Sports, Weather, and Community Events Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104 | News (http://www.ksfy.com/news/12139891.html - broken link)

Old 12-12-2007, 05:48 AM

2 posts, read 8,326 times
Thanks for the link. My son told me that someone shot a lion in Miner. Where are you located in Sanborn? I've hunted in Forestburg and Woonsocket.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:21 AM

19,726 posts, read 10,509,515 times
Forestburg, is home sweet home. it's not real fancy, but it's what we got,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota