Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:47 PM

393 posts, read 1,070,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Should have been a pair of bib's. Maybe a pocket t shirt. hahahaaha
Hey EH, that's not a wedding picture, those are our hiking clothes!

Here's a better one where you can see my wife's hiking boots:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn223/aweaver55/South%20Dakota/IMG_0289.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 03:56 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,465,814 times
Your wife is so pretty. She'll intimidate us middle-aged chics up here.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Your wife is so pretty. She'll intimidate us middle-aged chics up here.
Awwwwwww, Thanks! The best part is, she's my very best friend. She is absolutely the nicest person I've ever known. She is always cheerful, and in a good mood. I'm very lucky to have found her for sure.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsdreams View Post
Awwwwwww, Thanks! The best part is, she's my very best friend. She is absolutely the nicest person I've ever known. She is always cheerful, and in a good mood. I'm very lucky to have found her for sure.
Wow. You can't say more then that. How'd you get so lucky? I would have married my best friend, but he's a guy and you know how people will talk. hahaha

Old 04-28-2008, 03:46 PM

38 posts, read 176,075 times
Default Funny Elk

Quote:
I would have married my best friend, but he's a guy and you know how people will talk. hahaha

Too funny!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Wow. You can't say more then that. How'd you get so lucky? I would have married my best friend, but he's a guy and you know how people will talk. hahaha
You won't believe it but I met her through an international introductions website. My Boss a few years ago was married to a Colombian Lady and she was just super sweet. He suggested I look for a Colombian girl so I did. I found her on an introductions website and the rest is history. She was the only girl on there that interested me and once I got her contact info, we emailed for a couple days, then I got the nerve to call her. I called her every day for months and eventually went to Colombia to meet her. After 3 trips, an engagement ring, I got a fiancee' visa to bring her home now close to 2 years ago. Her bio on the web site when I found her was one of the only ones that said "I want a man who believes in God"... That was the start of it.

When we met, she was working, going to english classes and finishing college. She would litterally go from Sunrise to 11PM just about every day. She is the most loving, wonderful woman I've ever known. She has a cute sister who is 21 if you know anyone willing to take the risk of meeting a South American girl!

Old 04-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Oh no, now we'll all lose our guys to the Columbian gals if they see how cute they are. That is one of the sweetest love stories I've heard of. Have you ever thought of writing a book about it?

Has it been hard for her to adapt to the U.S.? How does she feel about moving up here?

Old 04-28-2008, 07:21 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,724,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhillsdreams View Post
She has a cute sister who is 21 if you know anyone willing to take the risk of meeting a South American girl!
Hey! I'm 19! I need an older woman!

Old 04-28-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Oh no, now we'll all lose our guys to the Columbian gals if they see how cute they are. That is one of the sweetest love stories I've heard of. Have you ever thought of writing a book about it?

Has it been hard for her to adapt to the U.S.? How does she feel about moving up here?
Oh wow, I could write my life story and it would be a decent movie I think. There was actually almost a full page story about us in the new york times in late 2006 but it was just awful! The writer got in touch with me from a friend of a friend and just made me look terrible, quoted me out of context, and they made sure they used the worst picture in the article. I'm not proud of that story at all and I caught some flack for it but I don't care. I LOVE MY WIFE so much!

As for getting adapted, it wasn't bad primarily because she speaks English fluently (I speak almost zero Spanish so you can imagine how things would have been had she not studied English). The food took a lot of getting used to, but other than that, she loves it here. As for South Dakota, Yesenia say's she'll go anywhere I want to go and it doesn't matter as long as we are together. She says it with a level of sincerity that is deeply genuine.

I'll never forget the first time I saw her picture. Something clicked and I said, "That's her!". I emailed the website and asked if this was for real and never got a reply for 3 months but I kept checking to see if she was there. Finally, because I'd emailed them, I ended up on their mailing list for advertising the trips they put together to go and meet the people they put you in touch with. I sent a message back and asked to be removed from their list because I thought it was a scam and they'd never answered my question. Well, the man wrote me back that evening and apologized saying his father had passed away right about the time I sent the question and his in box was overflowing so he must have missed it those 3 months earlier. I said "I just want to know about Yesenia" and he replied I should pick several eligible girls to communicate with as the odds of meeting someone compatible would be better. I refused and said "No, she's the one, I don't need to meet anyone else".

He really tried to talk me out of making a choice just from a picture but finally said "Ok, how about I have my wife call her to see if she is still single and still interested in meeting an American guy", I said sure. His wife called, she agreed, I got her email, introduced myself, and several days later we spoke on the phone.

We didn't go a day without speaking for months and I finally got the courage to go down there. My first trip was on New Years Eve in 2005! It took another year to work out the rest but we continued to talk every day and everything has just been great! I'll stop there, this post is tooooooooooo long and probably boring for people looking for South Dakota info!

DannyB: Her Sister is an angel.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 PM

Oh no, that wasn't boring at all. I found it fascinating. My husband and I grew up just a few miles apart so our story isn't nearly as exciting.

Danny, if Yesenia's Sis looks like she does, you'd better get moving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota