Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 05:49 AM

509 posts, read 1,349,664 times

Advertisements

I'd skip the Cosmos.....its not really that great its just buildings built of the side of the hill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 02:46 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadwoodJ View Post
I'd skip the Cosmos.....its not really that great its just buildings built of the side of the hill
WHOA!!! Cosmos is my favorite tourist trap EVER! Definitely go!

Old 12-28-2008, 03:22 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,630 times
Just curious, Danny, but what do you find so special about the Cosmos?

Old 12-28-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnat View Post
Just curious, Danny, but what do you find so special about the Cosmos?
I personally like it because it's the one tourist trap that we take our family to when they come visit us and I never get sick of it. After seeing Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and countless caves it all gets kind of old. It's always fun to see peoples' reactions at Cosmos and something weird happens every time we go up there. One time, my grandma's earrings went flying out of her ears. Another time, my uncle was drunk up there and it was HILARIOUS to see how he managed. They also have a gift shop where they sell mugs that have funny names on them. My friends and I got a bunch with names like Julio, Felix, LaDamien, etc...

It's just really fun and it never gets old.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:45 PM

509 posts, read 1,349,664 times
Alright, the Original poster was asking for opinions and I was just telling him that it should be something to skip, it's just a bunch of floors built at different angles on the side of the hill.....You said to see it, they can decide if they want to see it or not......Just giving another opinion that not everything thinks the Cosmos is 'great'

Old 12-28-2008, 08:11 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadwoodJ View Post
Alright, the Original poster was asking for opinions and I was just telling him that it should be something to skip, it's just a bunch of floors built at different angles on the side of the hill.....You said to see it, they can decide if they want to see it or not......Just giving another opinion that not everything thinks the Cosmos is 'great'
ditto, went once 5 years ago. Have never felt the desire to return.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 PM

205 posts, read 729,362 times
When we went to Falls Park in 2002, we also visited the Horse Barn nearby where artists have their studios and found it very interesting as well. At that time, the Chamber of Commerce was in a building at Falls Park with an incredible view from an upper area. Are my old brain cells remembering this correctly?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,409,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairierose View Post
When we went to Falls Park in 2002, we also visited the Horse Barn nearby where artists have their studios and found it very interesting as well. At that time, the Chamber of Commerce was in a building at Falls Park with an incredible view from an upper area. Are my old brain cells remembering this correctly?
There's an observation tower, and you can take an elevator to the top to take in the view. On the ground level, there's a gift shop, I think, and visitor information.
I haven't been to Falls Park in over a year, so I could be wrong.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 PM

Falls Park is really nice during Christmastime at night. They really do it up nicely, or at least they used to. I haven't been there for years.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:07 PM

190 posts, read 433,703 times
If you are into Rocks or Minerals,(even if you are not) don't miss the old Ghost Town of Okaton.
Very very beautiful items. Only 1 building left but chock full of a Rock & Mineral displays.

If you are into a complete history scene of SD,(Original Buildings) and Old Vehicles, and also Rocks & Minerals, a stop in Murdo at Pioneer Town is a must.
Their advertisement is a Long green car atop a 40' sign at exit off of I-90.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota