Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,414,675 times

Advertisements

What are your plans/vacations for the summer of 2010?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,112,890 times
Right now? Softball, softball, oh...more softball! At least the tourney for this weekend is off the books - so now we can do the girl scout swim party and the fishing tourney! Once we get past mid-July, I might actually be able to plan to go somewhere! Oh, I almost forgot - we have four or five Girl Scout field trips this summer, too! There better be a weekend in there somewhere that we can go camping, or I am going to be a very unhappy camper!

Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM

188 posts, read 939,143 times
Late Summer visit to Sioux Falls!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:13 AM

93 posts, read 163,858 times
I took my big summer vacation in May to Sioux Falls...

I may drive up north to Virginia before the summer is out...not sure when.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:38 AM

189 posts, read 565,101 times
started camping(tent) may 17. went to spokane creek camp near keystone,black hills,sd heavy rain and hail one day. camp flooded. there are two ponds with a creek running thru. employees had equipment to start repairs right away. may 31, i went to deadwood,sd camping at days of 76 campground. last nite,heavy rain, and hail bigger than at spokane creek. tent holding up. i put tarp on top,on floor inside and under. will camp all summer as i did last summer. then i was at horsetooth reservoir west of fort collins,co. then went to cheyenne for frontier days, then wheatland wy and thermopolis wy , then back to spearfish. i may have camped near spearfish too. anyway i had a winter rental for past 2 yrs in spearfish,sd. A_A_A_H_H_H_. !!!!! life is fun. 'specially when you're older,and have TIME!

Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 PM

46 posts, read 150,118 times
Wishing I was spending my summer vacation at Custer State Park in the beautiful black hills! Do ya'll have fireflies this time of the year?

Old 06-18-2010, 03:31 PM

189 posts, read 565,101 times
i have not seen any fireflies in sd that i recall. it doesnt mean there arent any. i just dont know. well, after storms near keystone, had one in deadwood, they sure are plentifull in sd. bad ones when i camped at mitchell,sd i think 2 or 3 summers ago. today is wild bill hickok days thru sun or maybe thats mon. one thing i liked was dock dogs. a big pool with objects tossed in water and see which dog jumps best to get object. of course theres lots of live music. for the most part im having a good time. plan to go to custer early july maybe to french creek to hunt gold and have even more adventures,but hope for lots of sunny days to enjoy my camping trip/summer.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 PM

2,398 posts, read 5,414,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
Right now? Softball, softball, oh...more softball! At least the tourney for this weekend is off the books - so now we can do the girl scout swim party and the fishing tourney! Once we get past mid-July, I might actually be able to plan to go somewhere! Oh, I almost forgot - we have four or five Girl Scout field trips this summer, too! There better be a weekend in there somewhere that we can go camping, or I am going to be a very unhappy camper!
Sounds like you have a very busy summer ahead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peperosso View Post
Late Summer visit to Sioux Falls!!!
Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn lady View Post
I took my big summer vacation in May to Sioux Falls...

I may drive up north to Virginia before the summer is out...not sure when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejuta View Post
started camping(tent) may 17. went to spokane creek camp near keystone,black hills,sd heavy rain and hail one day. camp flooded. there are two ponds with a creek running thru. employees had equipment to start repairs right away. may 31, i went to deadwood,sd camping at days of 76 campground. last nite,heavy rain, and hail bigger than at spokane creek. tent holding up. i put tarp on top,on floor inside and under. will camp all summer as i did last summer. then i was at horsetooth reservoir west of fort collins,co. then went to cheyenne for frontier days, then wheatland wy and thermopolis wy , then back to spearfish. i may have camped near spearfish too. anyway i had a winter rental for past 2 yrs in spearfish,sd. A_A_A_H_H_H_. !!!!! life is fun. 'specially when you're older,and have TIME!
Good to know you had fun! My small camping trip is in the middle of July at Roy Lake State Park near Sisseton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbethsayers View Post
Wishing I was spending my summer vacation at Custer State Park in the beautiful black hills! Do ya'll have fireflies this time of the year?
I love Custer State Park. I've never noticed fireflies out west, or here in Sioux Falls... but there probably are some.

I'm heading to Florida June 30th-July 8th! No flying... We're going to experience the scenery down south! I'm so excited... I've never been to the ocean. Looking at the oil spill projections, it looks like our trip won't be affected. I really do feel for the people down there though......

Old 06-20-2010, 03:39 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,838,623 times
Well mine just a bit busier. But very exciting and somewhat scary at the same time.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 AM

46 posts, read 150,118 times
Oh, you're in for a treat if you've never been to the ocean and you're going to Florida! Be prepared for lots of humidity but have a beautiful time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota