Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 02:56 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,128,061 times

Advertisements

Hey, look, there's a better quality picture of Pluto's surface.

Let us know if you still see anything weird in this one version.

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/pluto-s-...p-now-in-color
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 05:10 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Arigarisha - Thanks for posting the false colour image, it confirms that the structure is not an image artifact since it appears this image has the same original post linked-to picture as a base. It must be a structure of some kind - whether natural or unnatural, which is actually on the surface. Other images taken with other filters have been added to give the false colour which brings out different detail. I wouldn't say it was clearer in the part which shows the structure though, particularly on the right hand side of it we seem to have lost some detail there.

At least it is NASA doing the modification, so the sceptics cannot say I have photoshopped it to suit my expectations. I feel the shadow areas which are red/brown in this image are confusing and do not add anything to the clarity and might even obscure some areas which were clearer in the original posted.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Am I the only one who isn't seeing anything unnatural in the pictures?

Old 12-11-2015, 09:58 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
So far only one poster is. The very first picture does have an interesting area, but can't be verified as either artifact or real.

Old 12-11-2015, 11:20 PM

Quote:
The very first picture does have an interesting area, but can't be verified as either artifact or real.
This is not true. It is not an image artifact due to it being in multiple shots of the same plate on Pluto - as can be seen in the composite colour image. It is on the surface of the planet. The image itself can be verified as coming from official NASA sources by the link given in the first post.

Quote:
Am I the only one who isn't seeing anything unnatural in the pictures?
No, you are not the only one, and you are in good company. Just because people deny the existence of artificial unnatural structures in the NASA images do not make them go away in reality.

There are many people, not only me, who think we have other civilisations living in our solar system. Our reasons for this belief are what we see in the NASA images, just like you do not want to see what we see. Maybe we just have to disagree, and I do realise there are many good societal reasons why we should be told there is no other life here.

Unfortunately, some folks just cannot or choose not to see what is presented to them in plain sight, and others think they see bogie men or aliens in every NASA image too.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:57 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
This is not true. It is not an image artifact due to it being in multiple shots of the same plate on Pluto - as can be seen in the composite colour image. It is on the surface of the planet. The image itself can be verified as coming from official NASA sources by the link given in the first post.

No, you are not the only one, and you are in good company. Just because people deny the existence of artificial unnatural structures in the NASA images do not make them go away in reality.

There are many people, not only me, who think we have other civilisations living in our solar system. Our reasons for this belief are what we see in the NASA images, just like you do not want to see what we see. Maybe we just have to disagree, and I do realise there are many good societal reasons why we should be told there is no other life here.

Unfortunately, some folks just cannot or choose not to see what is presented to them in plain sight, and others think they see bogie men or aliens in every NASA image too.

I happen to believe that we are not alone. However, I fail to see what you state you are presenting in plain sight.

I hate to break it to you but if it isn't obvious to everyone, then it isn't in plain site.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
We don't deny anything, we just don't see it. You're not in possesion of the absolute truth, you know?
The spiderly mountain doesn't even look half as weird on the color version of the picture.

It'd be crazy awesome if it turns out we're not alone... (Unless the other species want to eliminate us from the universe, then it would be crazy scary )
I can't see why you'd think we would deny something this cool, if it were true. But this is not evidence of the existence of intelligent life, just some blurry pics.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:33 PM

Given the scale of this image, the structure I have circled is enormous. It is circular with arches. There are also signs of other activity in the linked image such as other structures. pipes, etc which are not likely to be the result of volcanic activity.

If those who deny I am pointing out unnatural structures would show me images of similar natural Earth based structures, then I might be convinced these are natural, (actually, I feel this is pretty convincing evidence, so I am not sure I would ever be convinced)

I really do not think they are able to do this. Otherwise they would have done so already as they have in the past with similar claims of alien structures on other planets.

Obviously, it does not matter in the least whether folks are going to believe this or not. However, there is very little discussion going on of a subject which should be massively important to everyone. More so than Trump, politics, global warming, etc. Perhaps people prefer to ignore it and keep their heads in the sand. That's OK too I suppose, it just means the shock will be greater when this phenomena comes nearer and requires pressing acknowledgement in our daily life. At that point, it will certainly have an effect on us and we will probably all wish things had not changed for the worse.

Old 12-12-2015, 04:25 PM

Yeah, ok, you want examples on Earth? Here they go:

Spoiler

Do you like 'em?

Old 12-12-2015, 05:23 PM

3,974 posts, read 5,167,066 times
Quote:
Given the scale of this image, the structure I have circled is enormous. It is circular with arches. There are also signs of other activity in the linked image such as other structures. pipes, etc which are not likely to be the result of volcanic activity.

If those who deny I am pointing out unnatural structures would show me images of similar natural Earth based structures, then I might be convinced these are natural, (actually, I feel this is pretty convincing evidence, so I am not sure I would ever be convinced)

I really do not think they are able to do this. Otherwise they would have done so already as they have in the past with similar claims of alien structures on other planets.

Obviously, it does not matter in the least whether folks are going to believe this or not. However, there is very little discussion going on of a subject which should be massively important to everyone. More so than Trump, politics, global warming, etc. Perhaps people prefer to ignore it and keep their heads in the sand. That's OK too I suppose, it just means the shock will be greater when this phenomena comes nearer and requires pressing acknowledgement in our daily life. At that point, it will certainly have an effect on us and we will probably all wish things had not changed for the worse.
Are you stoned or just stupid?

I gave an example with The Giant's Causeway. Here's more. Look up Skull Rock in Joshua Tree NP or Heart Rock in California for other examples.

/I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but it's fun sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Space