Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 11:42 PM

4 posts, read 15,739 times

Advertisements

I have a septic system which was in before sewer lines were...I don't have any lines going out to the wastewater/sewer line from my house........

Ever since line has been in street I now have a sewer charge in my Water/Utility bill from the City..........Can anyone explain...especially since before line was added I didn't have that charge......Thx..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,047,654 times
If you post what city you are in someone may be able to better help. Was not aware that it was an option to forgo being added to city/county sewer when they do your neighborhood. I know a lot of houses in the Valley still have loans attached to them for when they put in the sewer lines.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:02 PM

1,010 posts, read 4,912,054 times
There are some areas in the valley that have run the sewer lines in the street but have not required owners to hook up, and some are actually not even ready for owners to hook up due to capacity levels. But they're still charging the sewer assessment to property owners. They don't charge a sewer usage charge until it's operable and you're hooked up but you do pay the regular assessment from the installation of the lines. Kind of goofy but that's the way it is....

Old 04-13-2010, 10:48 PM

438 posts, read 1,796,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyK View Post
There are some areas in the valley that have run the sewer lines in the street but have not required owners to hook up, and some are actually not even ready for owners to hook up due to capacity levels. But they're still charging the sewer assessment to property owners. They don't charge a sewer usage charge until it's operable and you're hooked up but you do pay the regular assessment from the installation of the lines. Kind of goofy but that's the way it is....
I had to laugh! This gives a while new spin on taxation without representation. :~) D

Old 04-14-2010, 10:31 AM

Spokane, Washington
and Yes I paid the Sewer Assessment (tax associated with putting the line in the neighborhood)
I am charged a sewer usage charge in my bill and have been paying it for quite a long time.......
The amazing thing is that I am not using the sewer for what I'm charged....

Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM

better yet, I live and vote in the County, not City.....I have City Water and am charged a very large fee for not being in the City as well as pay a sewer usage charge that I don't use......From what I am researched, The County states that I am not charged until hooked up to the service from my house.......The City ordinance states otherwise.........The strange question is that since I am not required as of yet to hook to the sewer line, which laws should apply to me....I can't vote for City officials due to not living in City limits, so why would I fall under the laws of the City vs. the County....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Spokane area
View detailed profiles of: