Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 06:45 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

The following list is culled from inspection reports for MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL venues in the United States and Canada operating in 2009. Results based on most recent routine inspections or equivalent of a full inspection. The score is based on the percentage of vendors in violation of health requirements.

Vendor inspection reports - ESPN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 05:55 PM

623 posts, read 1,543,231 times
I'm surprised anyone eats stadium food. It's overpriced and generally awful. Other than a H2O or expensive, watered down domestic beer I have no use for stadium concessions. If I feel like I may want a snack during a game I just sneak a Payday in or something.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,229,847 times
Some of it's pretty good ... depends on where you are and what you get

For hockey there is a really good hot chocolate vendor and mini donut stand right next to each other .... really good combo

Football is mainly beer, but I'll grab a snack on occasion

Baseball I'll usually bring in some water and a snack (peanuts, candy, etc) and buy a beer at the game

Basketball - usually just beers

I've had quite a few times though where I haven't had time to grab dinner, or you go from the office to an afternoon game and you need to get a plate of something and that's when it will get you

I've also been in places where you almost have to try the food the stadiums are known for ..... at AT&T there is something good about watching baseball, overlooking the bay while sipping a micro and munching garlic fries

Old 07-29-2010, 10:27 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
I don't eat at Football games, because I usually tailgate before hand.

So at Sun Devil Stadium and University of PHX Stadium, it is just beers.

At basketball games I usually eat beforehand somewhere in DTown PHX.

So at US Airways Arena it is usually just a soda.

I eat the most at baseball games, cuz that is what it is all about. Of course sometimes I eat at the bars before...but even if I'll still grab something to eat.

At Chase Field I either have FatBurger or a Diamond Dog.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:53 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,492,660 times
Comiskey Parks food may be overpriced, but its fabulous. Its quite easily one of the best hot dogs I have ever had (w/grilled onions of course, mustard and relish), but you have to go to the guys up in the concourse, the guys walking around with hot dogs are terrible. Ive also had good pulled pork, and steak sandwiches there that were very tasty. Much like the product on the field the comiskey park food is far superior to anything you will find at Wrigley.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:56 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,409,437 times
I sincerely want to do Tours of Ballparks...and for a lot of it....eat the food.

I think I'll start finding friends that want to do this...over the next couple of years. Kind of like what Bill Simmons did for ESPN.com a couple years ago. The only difference is I'm not an obnoxious NorEasterner.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:27 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,502,834 times
McAfee Coliseum in Oakland lacked adequate hand-washing equipment?

Is this really something to lack when dealing with Raiderfan in the Black Hole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports