Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 04:29 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else disturbed by this? It is no wonder that so much is done to protect the identity of whistleblowers nowadays. By all objective measures this man’s career and life was ruined as a direct result of being the whistleblower in the Sandusky child sex abuse scandal at Penn State.

Since that time he has divorced his wife, has not been able to land a job and lives with his parents.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2020, 06:53 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
He witnessed the rape of a 10 year old and didn't intervene. He told his dad, Paterno and Penn State officials (over a week later).

Old 01-26-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
He witnessed the rape of a 10 year old and didn't intervene. He told his dad, Paterno and Penn State officials (over a week later).
Yes, he clearly didn’t do enough at the time it happened. He made a mistake. He has acknowledged this multiple times. However, it isn’t as if the man committed a violent felony. You really think that his inaction warrants his career being permanently ruined? It doesn’t seem at all fair to me. If I had a football program I’d give him a shot. He’s had years to think about this. I’d imagine that at this point he probably feels like he has something to prove.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:23 AM

3,694 posts, read 2,414,554 times
Quote:
Enough said.

Who'd hire him?

Old 02-25-2020, 06:22 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,709,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yes, he clearly didn’t do enough at the time it happened. He made a mistake. He has acknowledged this multiple times. However, it isn’t as if the man committed a violent felony. You really think that his inaction warrants his career being permanently ruined? It doesn’t seem at all fair to me. If I had a football program I’d give him a shot. He’s had years to think about this. I’d imagine that at this point he probably feels like he has something to prove.
What 'doesn't seem fair to me' is not doing everything possible - instead of only the minimum required by law - regarding the rape of children.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
What 'doesn't seem fair to me' is not doing everything possible - instead of only the minimum required by law - regarding the rape of children.
The unwillingness to forgive in this case is unbelievable to me. The guy SCREWED UP, ok. We get it. It is no excuse but he was clearly pressured by the larger than life Paterno and untouchable Penn State football program. Still though, it’s been nearly 20 years since that happened. Can we all move on from it finally?

Old 03-01-2020, 09:26 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The unwillingness to forgive in this case is unbelievable to me. The guy SCREWED UP, ok. We get it. It is no excuse but he was clearly pressured by the larger than life Paterno and untouchable Penn State football program. Still though, it’s been nearly 20 years since that happened. Can we all move on from it finally?
I'm with you if by moving on ...it was a life lesson to move on with.

I would hire the guy. He probably has viable skills . Unsure why someone wouldn't hire him.. Unless they are behaving like Sandusky and don't want him coming forth.

Old 03-01-2020, 09:52 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I'm with you if by moving on ...it was a life lesson to move on with.

I would hire the guy. He probably has viable skills . Unsure why someone wouldn't hire him.. Unless they are behaving like Sandusky and don't want him coming forth.
Because he's a moral coward and no one will ever respect him. No football program will touch him and rightfully so.

Old 03-01-2020, 05:49 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Quote:
Because he's a moral coward and no one will ever respect him. No football program will touch him and rightfully so.
I take it you speak for the entire sports professionals? ( No one? Really?) . It's rightfully irritating when a bystander speaks for the industry.

I tend to think it's a broad stroke to say he's a moral coward. Certainly it's easy to say what 'some' might do . I myself witnessed an event that will haunt me due to the age of the kids. I was suspicious of the matter and did not call the police. Am I a moral coward,? Possibly in that isolated incident. Doesn't mean I consistently maintain ill moral deeds. Anyways I disagree with you.

Old 03-07-2020, 04:19 PM

19 posts, read 11,594 times
He witnessed a 10 year old boy being raped. His ass should’ve been at the police station reporting what he saw. As far as I’m concerned, he’s only a step above Sandusky. No one is touching him with a 10 foot pole, and nor would I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports