Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,059,883 times

Advertisements

You are right, that dude is ripped, I think he's been hitting the gym pretty hard. I also agree with you about him getting a bad shake too often. I guess when you're that popular, it comes with the territory. Cheers mate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 01:14 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I see alot of people have looked at my posting about the media darling Tiger, but no one has the courage to talk about him, why?
I havn't seen Tiger, Dingler........but, I saw Wier act the same way that you discribed.
I did see Mickelson and he was wonderful, tipping his hat and smiling at everyone. He does wonderful things like taking a bunch of school children to Walmart to buy clothes and necessities for school.
Funk was very friendly, Faxon, Faldo...........
I think that is how they do discribe Tiger......and sometimes I think he annoys the other players.
But, he does say he is there for the game.........
Maybe its all business to him.........but, then that is sad.
He's earned enough to now relax and enjoy those who enjoy him.........

Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 AM

30 posts, read 111,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave99 View Post
I sort of agree with Padgett2. The very few times I've shot under par on a golf course I remember I had literally shut out anything and everything around me except the ball, my clubs, the hole.

Know any friends that are "only child" personalities? I do. Most of them are similar to Tiger in personality. The world revolves around them and nobody else.
I agree it might be more an issue of concentration. Or some players just see playing the sport as their job not sucking up to the fans. I don't hold it against them, I wouldn't want to mess with the fans either. It might be fun at first but I bet it gets old.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:56 PM

640 posts, read 3,075,853 times
I don't know, we live here in Orlando and my daughter was in line behind him at CVS. I think he just wants to act normal and not make a fuss over himself. Why would he go to the drug store and not send someone for him? He was in line like everyone else, and everyone else gave him respect to let him be about his business. It must be hard to be a celebrity in some respect..

Old 07-17-2007, 02:49 PM

59 posts, read 227,901 times
It's difficult for someone at that level, with that amount of money. Everywhere they go, they must be on the lookout for creeps and little dogs nipping at their heels for a piece of the pie. Small wonder he's a bit stand-offish. I have no doubt I would be very similiar in the same circumstance.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,765 times
why do American fans think these people owe them something.Of course fans pay their salary, but the athletes give you that entertainment also. So as far as I'm concerned its an even trade. Let them do their jobs just as you would want to do your job. He's not in customer service.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:13 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Is this really exclusively an American issue? Can, say, Michael Schumacher just walk into any restaurant in Germany and have a nice quiet meal without anyone pestering him? Or for that matter, could Michael Jordan? Or Tiger Woods?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports