Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 21,781 times

Advertisements

Oh, you are so lucky! I am a native Californian, and if there's one place I will always want to live (and hopefully will someday), it's Ozark! I hope you have a wonderful life there. I have a feeling you will!

Gorgeous place, amazing people. I am so envious!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,711 times
Gripster,
Sorry to be so tardy...I'm sorry I missed posting before you left. But since I know you'll check in when you get back, here's a big ^^^^^5 (high 5) for ya. It wasn't that long ago, June 6th. to be exact, that we loaded up the car and said Good-Bye to CA....the only home I'd ever known. And yep, it was hard as heck, especially leaving my family behind, and yes...I did look back....several times, and ohhhhh the tears that were shed during that 2000 mile drive. BUT...and I've got a Big BUT, , making the decision to move out here to MO, was worth Every Single Tear!!!

Other than that, there isn't much more I can add to the words of support everyone else has said. Missourah is a wonderful place, and you are going to LOVE IT here. Trust in God and trust in your heart, and you'll see. Missouri is the place to be!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy4570 View Post
.....we are all pullin for ya (Never knew how much you could get involved in a stranger's situation just by reading the typed word!....
Indy, more appropriate words could not have been written. It didn't dawn on me, but you are so right! Isn't it amazing how people can forge friendships just by reading from the hearts of others???

Gripster, Indy is right...we're all pullin for ya, and we can't wait to hear about this new & exciting chapter in your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
I am so excited for my friend to arrive!.......To everyone here on CD, thanks..... When Gripster gets settled, we should all meet. Why not? Remembering MOMark.... Great person, but never met him. We should try to make the effort. Eventhough some have already posted pictures of themselves, it would be nice to have a face to the names.

I will let you know when she arrives.....
G4, what you said really hits home when you put it in terms of making an effort to get to know those we've become, should I say, 'virtually' attached to. And like you say...."Why Not?" Why not take a little time out of our busy schedules to put faces to the people we've become so fond of. Because honestly....I regret very much that I didn't get the chance to meet MoMark, and if the opportunity arises to where I CAN meet members of this great group of people, I'm not gonna miss it. As for the Meet & Greet in Branson....I'm there!!!

Warm Regards To Ya'll,
Boof

Old 08-02-2007, 08:25 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,385,468 times
Talking Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy...Boof is comin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boof View Post
Why not take a little time out of our busy schedules to put faces to the people we've become so fond of. Because honestly....I regret very much that I didn't get the chance to meet MoMark, and if the opportunity arises to where I CAN meet members of this great group of people, I'm not gonna miss it. As for the Meet & Greet in Branson....I'm there!!!

Warm Regards To Ya'll,
Boof
OMG...I can't wait to meet ya! Welcome! Welcome!

Old 08-02-2007, 10:14 PM

318 posts, read 727,553 times
Default Gripster made it to Flagstaff, AZ

Well I just talked and they are checking in or out I should say for the night. She will have to update you later. All is well with the family and dogs....

Boof: As we all know we can make the time, being that we make the time to check on everyone in our City Data circles. We would be cheating ourselves if we don't do it.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 AM

Default Gripster is on the road again.....

Received a quick call this morning. They are leaving AZ and heading to Amarillo, TX. Had a rough night with a train going by and a baby crying from who knows where.... I read her a few posts and she was thankful. So many of us know how she is feeling knowing that she has farther to go.

After moving here and getting adjusted to my new life, I fell at home now. The only time that I really trip out is when I look at a map. I can't beleive I drove all that way.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:59 PM

137 posts, read 610,523 times
Well G4 it is way cool that you are keeping us posted, keep up the reports! whenever a person leaves for the trip we don't hear anything. As for myself and mamagator we will be without the web after this trip as we are shutting down the phone line when we leave. We still have many trips to make and hope to get a phone line in Mo so we can update from "home". This place we are at is just a place where some of our stuff is still stored, it is no longer home. But I am getting "off topic" so sorry. Keep letting us know how the Gripster is doing. I know we all are eager to hear of her travels

Old 08-03-2007, 06:09 PM

791 posts, read 1,820,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
OMG...I can't wait to meet ya! Welcome! Welcome!
(((((((Lake Junkie)))))))

Awwww, you're givin' me Goosebumps!!!! It is gonna be one of the highlights of my day to give you a Big Fat Hairy HUG!!!!! So just get ready, ya hear???? You are just toooo sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4inMO View Post
....Boof: As we all know we can make the time, being that we make the time to check on everyone in our City Data circles. We would be cheating ourselves if we don't do it.
G4, I don't think I've told you but.....I LIKE your style!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy4570 View Post
Well G4 it is way cool that you are keeping us posted, keep up the reports! whenever a person leaves for the trip we don't hear anything......Keep letting us know how the Gripster is doing. I know we all are eager to hear of her travels
Here! Here! Ditto what he said.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Gripster will only make it to Santa Rosa....

They had a tough nights sleep, so it is better to stop and try to get a good rest for tomorrow. It has been tough... I will let her update when she arrives. I will tell her tonight that I have updated everyone. She now will arrive early Sunday, rather than late Saturday. I told her to take her time. She asked me " how did you do it"? I said, you just do. I told her everyone in our CD family is cheering her on!

I have a special celebration cocktail for her when she gets here! It's a Brandy Slushy.... MMMMMmmmm good...

[QUOTE=Boof;1205469
G4, I don't think I've told you but.....I LIKE your style!!!

Thanks Boof, you are not bad yourself you know. I was talking with Gripster and I said it will be funny when we all meet. Are we going to wear name tags or just order coffee and see if we can figure who is who..... Enventhough DaJammer started a thread with pictures, I still would like to see everyone in person. Looking forward to coffee, soon. Gotta help Gripster get settled.

Thanks again to everyone.....

Old 08-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Gripster is on the road again... Oklahoma City

They are still on the road making it to Oklahoma City. You will all crack up at her comments about this very long ride she is taking. She said she checked online, but was way to tired to update. She is tired of driving to say the least. Give her a big Hoorah!!!! for making it this far. She will enjoy the comments. She is more that 1/2 way here. Hopefully in less that 24 hours, she will be here in MO !

Old 08-04-2007, 06:07 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,497,890 times
Wow, you guys are great to be such a great support group! My husband and I left California last year, and I have to tell you it was rough for me to leave friends and all.... We are here in the Ozarks also, but on the Arkansas side, and would have been great to have had you guys cheering us on...

What part of Mo., are you all located? We're in the Hardy area, close to Spring River.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area