Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:12 PM

104 posts, read 401,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgenealogy View Post
You have been blessed to have had someone do so much work for you, April! As you get older, you'll appreciate it more than you do now.

By the way, it's normal that your family doesn't have an interest. About the only thing kids may appreciate is a good-looking cousin! Oh...and I haven't bought a single M, D or B Certificate, either.

The short answer to your question about what Sandra Day O'Connor is to your husband is that she is his first cousin, three times removed.

Now, just in case you or anyone else is interested, here's the longer version:

If I understood you correctly, his mother said that her grandmother and Sandra are 1st cousins. That means that her grandmother's parents and Sandra's parents were siblings. If you think about it, that means her grandmother and Sandra had the same grandparents.

Okay, here we go...his mother's grandmother was his great grandmother. Make sense? Since she was a 1st cousin to Sandra, that's where we get that first part of the answer. (1st cousin)

Your husband is three generations down from his great grandmother (grandmother, mother, him) which is where we get the "three times removed" part of the answer.

I wonder if I have taken us off topic with my questions so if you would like to talk about it more, please feel free to send me a Direct Message. I'd hate to get in trouble with the Topic Police!
http://eslprograms.vcc.ca/ESLWEB/ag00385_(p)policeman.gif (broken link) "You're off topic so this thread is outta heeere!" ... Yikes!
Thanks for the explanation and the heads up on the topic situation!
Blessings,
April
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
C44

31 posts, read 113,778 times
Default relocating

Hi Everyone in Missouri!

I am seriously considering moving to the Branson/ Springfield area from St. George , Utah. I am unable to secure a decent job here and have become quite frustrated.

Does anyone know what the job market is looking like in this area? I have have a BBA and a Masters, was a Project Manager for a Large Construction
Company for 12 years, also taught a couple courses every semester at the local Community College (in the Communications Dept.).

Not looking for a extremely high-paying job, but don't want to be working for 10 bucks an hour like I am in St. George and paying for an over inflated home.

Another question I have is, I see that you can buy homes in this area for as low as 50K-is this for real? What is wrong with the home at this price?

Also, I have 2 very big DOGS-I am a DOG nut! One's a German Shepard, the other's a Lab mix. Because we live where we live, they don't need flea and tick, or even heartworm meds. What's the scoop on dogs there? Is it dog friendly, are there places to run the dogs-is it allowed? Will the humidity hurt the dogs?

Last, but not least-what area is up and coming as far as diversity,good fine dining, independant movies, etc.

Any feedback or info is most welcomed! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area