Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,160,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk Bond View Post
Ditto! I remember the hungry hunter. That place was great! There was a similar restaurant in Branson West in a strip mall, the name elludes me, but it was much of the same. The owner was kind of a jers so I quit eating there. But great food.
I believe that would be Michels. I'm not sure if it is still going or not. I haven't been that way in a while.

20yrs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 04:36 PM

879 posts, read 2,881,069 times
Default New Menu at Candlestick

Ate at the Candlestick Inn a couple of days ago. Seems that one partner bought out the others and totally changed it up. Much more "gourmet" than before with a slightly French flabor. Food was excellent, but the prices are far and above average for this area. Would end up being a "special" place to eat rather than a "fairly regularly" place to eat in my budget world.

I try not to eat in national chain restaurants myself. Some of the more local "chains" are okay though.

Has anyone tried Double EE lately with the new owners? We were sorely disappointed the last time we tried it but it was right after the new owners had taken over.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:42 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,160,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Ate at the Candlestick Inn a couple of days ago. Seems that one partner bought out the others and totally changed it up. Much more "gourmet" than before with a slightly French flabor. Food was excellent, but the prices are far and above average for this area. Would end up being a "special" place to eat rather than a "fairly regularly" place to eat in my budget world.

I try not to eat in national chain restaurants myself. Some of the more local "chains" are okay though.

Has anyone tried Double EE lately with the new owners? We were sorely disappointed the last time we tried it but it was right after the new owners had taken over.
We have been there twice since the new owners have taken over, and we were disappointed both times. There were only a few people in the place and it took forever for us to get our orders. Once received, we were disapointed in the quality of the food.

We had gone there once when the place first opened and were blown away with the service and the food. Sadly, the Double EE has jumped the shark and we won't be going back. Same thing happened at Geraldi's in Kimberling City. We went there weekly and then one day, the bottom fell out. go figure.

20yrs

Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 PM

Thumbs up Clary's....yummo

We checked out Clary's a couple of weeks ago and my I say it's wonderful!
We tried on of the fixed price tasting menu's ($40/per person) which was a 4 course dinner paired with wine. Every course was a delight and the wine pairing was perfect. Even the desert wine (which was really sweet) paired excellently with the deserts (the sweetness was tempered perfectly).

Would highly recommend Clary's for dinner...

Old 06-25-2008, 12:50 PM

Default Have to try...

the Thai Peppers...I love Thai food. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Default Geraldi's?

Didn't a Geraldi's open in Berryville recently? Could it be the same people?

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 AM

Default Macaroni Grill

Tried Macaroni Grill (Springfield) last week and may I say the Lasagne was wonderful. I usually stay away from national chain restaurants but this one is a keeper. I also heard they are/have opened one on the Landing.

We also tried Bruno's (downtown Springfield) for lunch. The food was good but we ended up with a jerk as a waiters "helper". The new (and only) waiter was busy busy but was doing his best. The rest of the staff was sitting around watching the new guy work. Sort of interesting but the food was good.

Anyone found any really good Indian restaurants in Springfield and/or Branson?

Old 08-25-2008, 03:17 PM

974 posts, read 1,588,736 times
the only resturant ive been to since ive been here is the hungry hunter i reeds spring. it was absolutely to die for. i may have to get out and try more. any good mom and pop pizza places near reeds spring/bransonwest? and if so wonder if any deliver to my neck of the woods on Y highway .

Old 08-26-2008, 06:29 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,432,666 times
I enjoyed a fantastic meal last weekend at Metropolitan Grill in Springfield. The service was excellent and the menu offered a lot of excellent choices. I was there with a large group, and every person at the table enjoyed his/her meal.

The most interesting appetizer that they feature is flash fried spinach. The best way to describe this dish is to compare the spinach to very, very light potato chips. It's crispy and delicious, and the spinach literally melts in your mouth. If you go there, make sure to try it!

You can view Metropolitan's menu online if you search for their web site.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:49 AM

774 posts, read 1,419,741 times
We ate at the Fuji Japanese steak house recently and thought it very good. It had been years since I had eaten at a Japanese restaurant and forgot how the prepare the meal right in front of you.
In a way it was nice how the seat you at a "grill" with other people, but I do like a more intimate atmosphere most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area