Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
vcd vcd started this thread

8 posts, read 46,832 times

Advertisements

hi... just found this forum. appears to be very informative. so, thought I'd give it a try. husband & I are interested in the Branson Canyon development on table rock lake near Hollister. biggest stumbling block we've encountered is a boat slip near the development. we know about leasing a slip at the nearby marinas; state park & gage (don't recall it's new name), but would like to have a slip right near Branson Canyon. I think a nearby resort is Big Bear & we've seen approximately 3-4 boat docks out there. Anyone know of how we can go about finding a 10x28 slip to buy or lease right near Branson Canyon?

thanks in advance for any assistance/advice.
vcd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM

382 posts, read 1,068,833 times
You may want to give Lake Junkie a holler. You can DM (direct message) her as she is a virtual bottomless pit of info for this area. If she doesn't have the answer, I can assure you she will at least be able to point you in the right direction. Hope this will help you.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:47 PM

sassygirl, will do. thnx for your suggestion.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:01 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Default Bottomless pit...eh?

Thanks for the compliment, sassygirl2!

The only place you can lease a slip is in a marina. Owners of community boat dock slips are prohibited by the terms of their agreement with the Corp to lease their slips. And yes, from Branson Canyon you'd be about equidistant from either the State Park Marina or Long Creek Marina. (I can't ever remember the new name either.)

As far as purchasing a slip, if you can identify which boat dock appeals to you, and find someone to tell you the name of the registered dockmaster (the Corp used to tell us but privacy laws prohibit that now) then you can get in touch with them and get on a waiting list to buy a slip. It's a little complicated, I'd hope that whoever is helping you buy in Branson Canyon () would be able to help you.

Thanks for DM'ing me...I've been a little out of the loop what with work & such...

Old 08-15-2009, 02:26 PM

Lake Junkie.. thanks so much for your advice... we'll take it & see if we can find the contact info regarding a dockmaster. Appreciate the tip. We're not going to get too serious about Branson Canyon unless we can gather additionial info on possibly purchasing a boat slip nearby.

thanks again

Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 9,778 times
I own a 34 ft house boat. Its currently in a slip at rockaway beach. I would love to have it moved to table rock lake but the slip I lease now is 600.00 a year. Is there anything at all comparable on table rock within 30 miles of branson? even a few hundred more a year would be worth it.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:07 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times
I am curious enough to ask, does Table Rock Lake generally freeze over in the winter? If so, would that make it unfeasible to have a large houseboat on the lake, unless a marina can pull it out and store it for you?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:03 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
I am curious enough to ask, does Table Rock Lake generally freeze over in the winter? If so, would that make it unfeasible to have a large houseboat on the lake, unless a marina can pull it out and store it for you?
That's a definite "No!" The lake does not freeze at all. Your skiff is safe here.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:38 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
Cur is correct. I have lived here 4 years now and have never seen Tablerock freeze over. And I live right on it .

Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM

971 posts, read 1,452,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
That's a definite "No!" The lake does not freeze at all. Your skiff is safe here.
I beg to differ Curmudgeon.
Passed years there was solid ice in TR lake from Mash Hollow to Buttermilk Springs. There was dune buggies on the ice at Cape Fair Boat Docks.

For a couple years later all the coves on TR froze out to the main lake. The dock caretakers were constantly breaking the ice around the docks to move them in or out.

Possible it could happen again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area