Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,169 times

Advertisements

My wife and i are moving to Branson. I am a Semi retired Professional Golfer, and my wife Tammy was a server in a retsaurant. We are in our mid 50's. I know the season is ending there, but we would like to find a home or condo to rent and get settled in befor the season starts next spring. We have visited Branson numerous times and fell in love with the city and surounding areas. I am sure we will find employment and a place to call home. TnT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 12:29 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntlockyer View Post
My wife and i are moving to Branson. I am a Semi retired Professional Golfer, and my wife Tammy was a server in a retsaurant. We are in our mid 50's. I know the season is ending there, but we would like to find a home or condo to rent and get settled in befor the season starts next spring. We have visited Branson numerous times and fell in love with the city and surounding areas. I am sure we will find employment and a place to call home. TnT
There are probably 12 million condos for rent even as we speak. I'd pick Pointe Royale myself, especially because of the golfing thing. Choose a condo development, visit the office and get a list of long-term rentals. It's easier than falling off a log.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-30-2008, 05:27 AM

67 posts, read 157,079 times
Good luck with your move to Branson. I am sure you won't have to much trouble finding a condo or home to rent! We are moving to Branson in January also. Our condo is in Pointe Royale as mentioned by 20yrs in Branson. Just to let you know, they are redoing all of the greens on the golf course at Pointe and it will be re-opened in April. It is a beautiful course and the new greens should be great!

Old 08-07-2008, 12:37 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,335 times
Default Welcome to the area

Welcome...we moved here last year after 20 years of visiting my Dad out here. We landed about 12 miles north of Branson in a beautiful development (sorry no golf, no condo's). There are lots of condo developments out here..both older and new. There are also 2-3 (or more) new golf course developments in progress.

When you get settled, come join us at the Over The Fence Coffee Club thread. Would love to meet you and the missus.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,849 times
Hello all, I am thinking about relocating my family to branson, We have 3 children and are looking for a change. I am wondering on the job possibilities. I currently am a conductor on the UPRR but have alot of experiance with remodeling...How is the the building/property maintenence job market...I am a hard worker and very motivated and do ceramic/lawncare/remodeling ect.. thanks

Old 01-15-2009, 05:31 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,933 times
Thumbs up Remodeling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorr View Post
Hello all, I am thinking about relocating my family to branson, We have 3 children and are looking for a change. I am wondering on the job possibilities. I currently am a conductor on the UPRR but have alot of experiance with remodeling...How is the the building/property maintenence job market...I am a hard worker and very motivated and do ceramic/lawncare/remodeling ect.. thanks
I think the remodeling part of the above list is your best bet to make a good consistent living in the Branson area. So many people, when they buy a used house, want to make changes...if only colors! If you have some references, even long distance...make up a flyer and take it to the local real estate offices (bring me some!) and you should start getting some calls. If you're good, and dependable , you should be able to pick your jobs in about two years.

This is a resort area, we are plagued by people who come here and actually just want to go fishing...

Not that I blame them, but it's annoying when you're waiting for someone to come fix the hole in the floor.

It's a wonderful place to live...IMHO.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area