Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 04:38 PM

8 posts, read 24,045 times

Advertisements

We are pretty settled on a property. How do we handle the technicalities? We sold years ago in CA to a friend who was an investor. He put the paperwork through an escrow company. He brought us cash in a grocery bag. Literally! I think I was up all night until the bank opened, and when I drove there I had a pistol on the seat next to me.
But now I'm on the other side of the transaction, and it's a different state. I'd appreciate any tips. & of course I'd figure on paying a stipend to a R.E. attorney, or a R.E. salesman/broker. But not 6% or 10% !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 06:43 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,429,441 times
I guess I don't understand the question? Are you asking how to buy a property in Missouri that is FSBO? If so, you basically summed it up. Pay a retainer to a qualified R.E. attorney and run all documents through him/her. You'll be all set.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:27 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,383,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil in SoCal View Post
Maybe I should have put "Home" all in caps.
Anyhow, we're looking forward to joining this group of instant friends as we will soon be "refugees" from So. Cal. But here's the question. We've already found the home we'll be buying, but we need some help with the technicalities. How do we do the paperwork? I don't mind paying someone (R.E. agent, Lawyer, or ??) but it should be a reasonable flat fee as we have done all the legwork finding the place. Years ago in CA we sold our home to an investor. He provided all the forms, and we used an escrow company he selected. How do we get whatever technicalities are involved in MO taken care of? Do we just need an escrow company as we did here? Or is there more involved? Probably our seller doesn't know, as he has lived there all his life.
Phil...there are agents who will do flat fee, or a smaller percentage to represent you as a buyer's agent. You can also find agents who will do the paperwork as a transaction broker, and not represent either side. I'd suggest the former, and find someone good. There's a lot more to buying a house than just finding it...IMHO! Especially in this increasingly litigious society.

I'll PM you...not allowed to promote my bidness right out in the open here.

Best of Luck! There's a lot of happy CA ex-patriots here in SW MO...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area