Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,126,292 times

Advertisements

Just arrived to St George today. I love the desert heat and the mountains. There are a couple areas of construction that I hate! Traffic isn’t too bad.

Some neighborhoods have the houses practically on top of each other. I’ve learned you need to spend at least 500k+ to have a little space between houses and enough backyard space for a pool

Angelica’s tacos!! Delicious!!

And most everyone we have talked to is real nice. Drivers in traffic are more considerate compared to Hellinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 10:58 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,483,755 times
Yeah, people in St. George for the most part are quite pleasant and friendly. Be sure to check out all the scenery in the area, it's amazing. Glad you are enjoying. When do you plan to move out to the area?

Old 09-13-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Yeah, people in St. George for the most part are quite pleasant and friendly. Be sure to check out all the scenery in the area, it's amazing. Glad you are enjoying. When do you plan to move out to the area?
Not that soon. 13 years or so.

We would come back again closer to that time

Old 09-13-2018, 01:53 PM

Well, hopefully a lot has changed for the better by then. I bet it will have grown a ton! Let us know how your trip goes.

Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 PM

We were going to rent a boat at the “bash” at sand hollow but $350 plus gas for 4 hours is a bit pricey.

Plus someone told us swimming at sand hollow is risky due to some parasite that gives a rash so we decided against going there altogether.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:01 PM

Took a drive east to southern Washington. Lots of nice homes built in between farms/cows.

Any manure smell in the neighborhoods?

Old 09-14-2018, 10:22 AM

I have heard about that with Sand Hollow... I've not experienced it but have heard if you spend time in the shallows there can be some sort of possible exposure.

Yes Washington has a ton of new neighborhoods being developed, it's really nice and quiet out there. No stores at all- once you get out into the fields. There is occasional manure smell yes, but majority of the time it's OK. That's where they have the Staheli Farms and corn maze in the fall.

If you get time I recommend you visit Kayenta, west of Ivins. It's pricey out there but the homes and scenery are beautiful. I also recommend Winchester Hills, The Ledges, Diamond Valley, and Dammeron Valley if you're interested in some neighborhoods with nice scenery and higher altitude.

Old 09-14-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
I have heard about that with Sand Hollow... I've not experienced it but have heard if you spend time in the shallows there can be some sort of possible exposure.

Yes Washington has a ton of new neighborhoods being developed, it's really nice and quiet out there. No stores at all- once you get out into the fields. There is occasional manure smell yes, but majority of the time it's OK. That's where they have the Staheli Farms and corn maze in the fall.

If you get time I recommend you visit Kayenta, west of Ivins. It's pricey out there but the homes and scenery are beautiful. I also recommend Winchester Hills, The Ledges, Diamond Valley, and Dammeron Valley if you're interested in some neighborhoods with nice scenery and higher altitude.
Are those neighborhoods you mentioned near kayenta?

Ya no stores in east Washington but a 5 minute drive gets you to restaurants and shopping so not bad

Old 09-15-2018, 12:02 AM

Went to the rodeo Friday night. Fun!

Also what an amazing show of support for military police and fire. National anthem. 100 American flags, no kneeling, and prayer.

The liberals would have a heart attack if something like this came to CA IL or NY

Old 09-15-2018, 08:26 AM

Haha. Yes it is nice to observe that's for sure. The rodeo is always fun.

The neighborhoods I mentioned are north of STG, just take bluff street north and you'll reach them. They are only 5-10 minutes away from the city. They are relatively near Kayenta but the only way to access them is via Bluff St.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George