Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 05:13 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,486,181 times

Advertisements

Coral Canyon would be my vote too. We just bought a house there a month ago. It seems very safe and the people are friendly too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 7,156 times
Thank you so much for your opine, it certainly helps to hear from families already in the area. One posting mentioned a school I was not familiar with, is this a private school?

Thanks,
Lynda

Old 04-29-2009, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 43,096 times
Default Homes

Almost all areas are nice here in St.George. The Foremaster area is a wonderful place to live. You are up on a Bluff (no low lying areas). On one side of the Bluff is the Hospital and all the shopping you wrote about. On the other side is Costco and a bunch more shopping. The schools are Pine View High or Dixie High, both convenient to Foremaster. Most all things are no more than 10 minutes away.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:36 PM

5 posts, read 43,096 times
Both schools are public. Pine View High is right by Costco. Dixie High is on 7th South and about 4th East.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:41 PM

9 posts, read 31,028 times
I just got back from St George. Looking at houses to rent.(plenty)

We loved the area..alot. We think we are moving there..Like within the next month. This thread was helpful...

What I did not see , was any kind of night life, or even day life ?
Bars, pool halls, even good restaurants...race tracks? sports? I didn't even see a whole lot of golf courses...

What is there to do there for new york kind of guy ?

Again..Love the views, the people, and the city... Just wondering if I will be bored to death...

Mestique was ok..But like 45 min drive to vist what ? The 2 casinios ?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:39 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,859,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel4ever View Post
Mestique was ok..But like 45 min drive to vist what ? The 2 casinios ?
Casa Blanca ..... which is pink ...... duuuuuhhhhhh

Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Yep, and nothing else there, and some blocks where scary...drove everywhere there too..which took all of 1/2 hr.For town with like 20 city blocks...it seemed like there where 20 police cars..Very disappointing.
St george is way better...

In my opinion.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,859,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel4ever View Post
St george is way better...In my opinion.
Just an observation ...
You need to live where you will spend most of your time with your family, and all other places should be:
1 - within a days drive going back and forth with some time spend there.
--- I do not mind driving 2 hours to get anywhere.
2 - good roads to get there, and spend a while longer.

If you find a place, just like that, you are at the perfect place you should be.

Interestingly, I found just a place like that in the outskirts of SLC.
I can get anywhere, easily. I do not have to look at somebody's house right next to me within 75 feet.
I can get my daily needs within a 10 minute drive.
Unlike so many posters *claim*, nobody around me gives a hoot what my religious views are.
We all get along just fine.

The only wish (and it is a *wish*, thus never coming to be reality) I have,
is that my surroundings would look like the summer time ALL year.
Spring is the best time, with all the blossoms and new plant growth ...
Autumn is even better with all the colours ...
Summer is mostly cool because I do have lots of trees all over ...
But winter .... this place is cold and dreary .....Oh well....

St, George .. ? I could have settled there, but I am now here, and I will stay here.

If anybody is planning to relocate to Utah, I'd say, *do it*,
find out about the businesses and schools, but do not worry about the people around you.
Treat your neighbour like you want to be treated. What goes around, comes around.
When people ask you *where are you from* ?
Tell them: *From Heaven .... but I do not recall seeing you up there ...*
Breaks the ice and you get along fine.

If you worry about *they may not like me* ...
What do YOU think is wrong with YOU ?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 AM

427 posts, read 1,305,363 times
St. George may have a bar or two. Not a ton of night life, though it is a growing area so I'd expect to see more. They have basically every chain food place you can think of. You may not have seen a lot of golf courses, but there area A LOT for the metro size. One of the highest per capita in the nation. Plus Vegas is only about 2 hours away. You can view more about things to do on the wiki entry - St. George, Utah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-13-2010, 01:43 AM

I really do care what people think of me...So the people issue is not a issue here...
However, I still need to make a living...either my own business or working for someone. These other issues just make it that much harder to succeed... Issues that I'm sure keep me, and people like me away...And that is a shame..Because st george looks in work shape than Vegas...an Observation only.

Unlike most, I need the small conforts close to home..Like a auto parts store, or a lowes, or electronic store, or video store...Plus I need things to do...I'm sure st george is great to raise a family it.. it seems to be made for it. But that seems to be all it's good for. Maybe retirement too?

Yea, Vegas is only 2hours away? right? Then why not live there? if you have to go elsewhere for entertainment.
See more nightlife? I think you need some, in order to get more?

We decided to move to Vegas..Currently looking in Summerlin and Henderson.
I'll vist st george in the future..later this month there is a big Jeep off roading event, I'll be at. ( as a example)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George