Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:41 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,781,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eischeid View Post
Another realtor exploiting City Data Forum to push his/her own personal agenda.

But hey, props to you - selling propety in St. Louis must be comparable to selling a playground in a landfill...
Uh, she/he mentioned U-City and Tower Grove. Those are beautiful areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 AM

419 posts, read 1,333,116 times
Originally Posted by Eischeid
Another realtor exploiting City Data Forum to push his/her own personal agenda.

But hey, props to you - selling propety in St. Louis must be comparable to selling a playground in a landfill...

I'm hardly just on City Data "pushing my own agenda". Funny how rude commentary like that isn't on my hundreds of other posts on CD not associated with real estate, or in other cities.

I have lived in this "landfill" as you termed it for over 3 decades, and I have a different perspective than many others on here as I actually SELL it and work daily with people from other cities. He was asking for advice about RELOCATING from DC. I have helped people in that exact process before. I know and UNDERSTAND the issues associated with that move. I understand the living amenities where they are coming from and what they are looking for. What you obviously DON'T know about relocation, is most companies PREHIRE a relo agency and often times assign the agent... so there is nothing to solicit. THis was pure advice. Plain and simple.

When people are on this board asking for advice, and I can contribute and help... I do. I would assume it would be a valuable to someone genuinely seeking relocation advice. City tour, imperative to mention as SEVERAL notable relo brokerages plop people in St. Charles left and right without taking the time. I hear it day after day. I'm sorry that you see that as "pushing" my own personal agenda. I see you contributing nothing to the discussion other than negativity...

Last edited by CarrieNeno; 10-08-2010 at 07:56 AM..

Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,888,574 times
Guys, when someone posts something like that just report it and let ShadowCarver delete the posts and ban the poster. I wouldn't worry about it, it's clearly just the same bored one or two trolls trying to get a rise out of the posters here.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:01 PM

263 posts, read 530,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
^ I think you mean 'city' when you say 'downtown.' Common mistake to refer to all of StL City as 'downtown.'

I can't think of a scenario where you would need to drive from one bar to another downtown unless you're going 20blocks from BB's to Pepper lounge.
Huge pet peeve of mine! So many folks in the area refer to anywhere in the city as "downtown". Not sure how that whole thing started but it needs to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis