Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 02:55 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,256,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
looks gorgeous I want to visit!!
When I go to the art museum and look out one particular window, I feel like I am looking at the most magnificent piece of artwork in the museum even though it really is outside. I think they call that part "Art Hill". Am I right? Looks past the statue of Louis IX and down toward the lake. Every angle of the park is different but that view takes my breath away every time I see it.

I do not know the county as well as those who've spent their lives here. On Moorland's list - plus the additions - can someone please tell me where the closest hiking trail is to South County? Around the area of Lindbergh/Gravois and north or south?

Since I have to rely on busses, I like to know what is near those. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 07:39 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,748,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel W View Post
can someone please tell me where the closest hiking trail is to South County? Around the area of Lindbergh/Gravois and north or south?
Grant's Trail: Grant's Trail | Great Rivers Greenway

Old 09-28-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
Grant's Trail. Thanks. Now please tell me why I didn't think of that myself. It is right around the corner and maybe five blocks from here.

But, Great Rivers Greenway? Where is that, please?

About Grant's Farm and Trail, you've hear of the New Yorkers - born and bred - who have never been to the Statue of Liberty? Well, after five years, I still have never been into Grant's Farm. I've been past it zillions of times but always in a cab or bus. I see the animals but get no further. Some day - when I can find the entry point. !!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:54 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Great Rivers Greenway is an organization who builds and maintains trails (including Grant's Trail), not a specific trail.
Well, they do have a building they are physically located in too but I figured your question was asking if there is a trail called Great Rivers Greenway.

Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Great Rivers Greenway is an organization who builds and maintains trails (including Grant's Trail), not a specific trail.
Well, they do have a building they are physically located in too but I figured your question was asking if there is a trail called Great Rivers Greenway.
You are right. I was asking that. I went to the ever-faithful (almost) Google and found a bit about it. I really must get out more but it is so comfortable at home.

Hmmm. Wonder if I could talk them into building sidewalks all over the county. Sidewalks without ten-inch deep curbs.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:58 PM

106 posts, read 201,046 times
Hawn St Park and Cathedral Canyon are great! Two other close-in spots I use to like to hike at when I lived in STL were the Hilda Young and LaBarque Creek Conservation Areas. Both areas are just SW of Eureka.

Happy Trails,

MtMtnMan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis