Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,945,440 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I'm interviewing for an internal job promotion in St Louis next Friday and have been researching the areas in case i am selected.

I'm going to be in town Friday and Saturday of next week and would like some suggestions from those of you that have lived in the area for where else to check out that may fit..

I live with my Husband and we have two boston terriers (so place needs to allow pets) and we like outdoor activities (hiking, biking, etc). Top priority is safety: low crime rates and safe to walk around. I would be working in down town STL (near Forrest Park); but i don't mind having a commute.

My husband and I both grew up in small towns here in CA so we prefer places with that small town feel, and friendly people.

Areas I have looked at:
Wildwood- houses have at least an acre in most parts (plus), smaller community (50,000 ppl)
Ballwin-
Kirkwood-
High Ridge-
Eureka-
Pacific-

Thoughts on these places? Or suggestions of others?

We will initially be renting for about six months or so to get to know the areas better; but would like to buy a home after that

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,874,300 times
Kirkwood and Webster Groves should be #1 on your list. Safe, outdoorsy, plus they feel like "towns" in the middle of a city.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:07 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,638,868 times
You have two Bostons! So do I! Hi new best friend!

Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Oh yeah, guess I should answer your question too! haha

I second stlcitygirl -- I think you'll really like K-Wood/WG and I really hope you'll give them a hard look.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Great- I will definitely check out both!
Thanks!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
You have two Bostons! So do I! Hi new best friend!
How exciting!! How old are yours? If i move we'll definitely have to have a little Boston party! I have a 5 year old girl "Emma" - name's a little too sweet for her feisty personality; and "Buddy" who's just like the name- and is 3 1/2

Old 06-06-2011, 07:34 AM

^Ours are Emily (5) and Lizzie (4). Emily is the sweetest dog in the world, but seems to spend most of her life fearing imminent death -- the smallest sounds, the most innocuous glance from a stranger will send her running under the couch for shelter. But then strangely, she loves other dogs. Big dogs, small dogs -- they all love Emily. It's just people who terrify her. She's kind of a trip really, but she makes you earn her love.

Lizzie is the complete opposite. She's real stocky and blocky and never met a stranger she didn't want to love on. She's finally starting to slow down a bit as her puppy years wane!

Did you plan to have multiple Bostons? For us, it definitely wasn't a plan -- we originally got a Boston because they're such great apartment dogs, they're relatively inactive indoors, they're easy to take care of, and they don't bark too much. We found that we really loved everything about the breed, so when, a year later, we decided to get a second dog, another Boston was the obvious choice.

Sadly we're all living in Kansas City right now, but we do make a few trips to St. Louis with the pups a year, so I'd love to get together with the pups -- I'm laughing right now at the thought of all those Bostons running around!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis