Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,093,968 times

Advertisements

Just came to my mind as I was driving along Page this afternoon...the shell of where it used to be located is still standing, but it's been out of business for years. It's been vacant for well over a decade now. I remember going there as a little kid in the mid 1990s and absolutely loving the twists they used to make. I don't know all that much it....how old was it and was it a big hit around the St. Louis metro? What are your memories of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 09:51 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,013,801 times
Hmm, I live in that area. Could you remind me where it used to be? I know there was a small shop that used to have ice cream years ago, it was a walk up building with a big deck...that place closed down several years ago and the location sat vacant until a mom & pop opened up a small restaurant called Beach Bums. The food was good (Burgers and Hot Dogs) but the project was doomed to fail because it didn't have indoor seating, while the weather was nice they had decent business but as soon as fall came that was a nail in the coffin. They went out of business soon after and it sat vacant for another 6-8 months before someone else took a stab at it. This time the location opened as a produce market (Scotty's Produce). I haven't had the chance to try them out or see their prices yet, but plan on stopping by in the near future. God knows how hard it is to keep a new business afloat, but if you have local interest in your immediate area, best to try to keep them in business!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis