Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:58 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,615 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any ideas for a young couple in late 20's early 30's to do on a Thursday. We will likely arrive close to noon and our day will be open for the rest of Thursday. We have Friday and Saturday figured out, but we have no plans for Thursday. Any ideas or suggestions? Looking for restaurant suggestions, any particular events that may be going on, museums (or something having to do with the arts), dive bar ... Thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 PM

188 posts, read 376,519 times
I'd check out the reddit visitor's guide:

visitorguide - StLouis

Also check out the side bar for restaurant and other ideas. Hope that helps.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 PM

240 posts, read 465,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Anyone have any ideas for a young couple in late 20's early 30's to do on a Thursday. We will likely arrive close to noon and our day will be open for the rest of Thursday. We have Friday and Saturday figured out, but we have no plans for Thursday. Any ideas or suggestions? Looking for restaurant suggestions, any particular events that may be going on, museums (or something having to do with the arts), dive bar ... Thank you so much!!
What are you up to on Friday and Saturday? Then the forum can probably help fill the gaps.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:26 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,749,655 times
If the City Museum isn't on your agenda then I'd highly recommend checking it out. But be warned, it's not like any museum you've ever seen before, so wear comfy clothes and tennis shoes.

http://www.citymuseum.org/site/

Old 08-24-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgMichael View Post
What are you up to on Friday and Saturday? Then the forum can probably help fill the gaps.
Will have to hit the road early Sat morning and head back home for wedding. I don't know what we will do for all of Friday but I do know that we will be attending the baseball game to watch cardinals and pirates. We are very big foodies so if there are any nice restaurants you would recommend that would be great!! Especially a nice brunch spot!!

But nehoo very likely that we will use Friday as kind of spontaneous day and just create as day goes along until the game. He told me that I am in charge of Thursday and it is likely he will decide Friday's events based off of what I choose for Thursday.

We will arrive on Thursday close to 1pmish.

Staying at Hilton St. Louis Airport so anything in that area would be awesome! But we are driving down so if need be we will drive a distance.

Thanks so much for your help!! I really appreciate it!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
If the City Museum isn't on your agenda then I'd highly recommend checking it out. But be warned, it's not like any museum you've ever seen before, so wear comfy clothes and tennis shoes.

city museum | always building…
Oh me garsh!! Thank you so much!! So adding this to the itinerary!! Looks so fun and adventurous

Old 08-24-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHamez View Post
I'd check out the reddit visitor's guide:

visitorguide - StLouis

Also check out the side bar for restaurant and other ideas. Hope that helps.
Awesome site guide!! Thank you for the recommendation!!

Old 08-25-2013, 06:31 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,804,627 times
I would suggest the St. Louis Art Fair, but it doesn't start until Friday. It's Fri-Sun. That weekend. If it fits your schedule, swing by there beginning Friday. You missed Festival of Nations, one of my favorites by one weekend, which was this weekend.

If you are still seeking something else, I always suggest Forest Park. Lots to do and see in there.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,801 times
Check out Blondies for a good brunch spot on Washington Ave downtown. Rooster is also highly recommended if you like crepes. Also a good place to go on Thursday nights are the bars along Washington Ave or McGurks and iTap in Soulard.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:44 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,690,032 times
Love the McGurks and iTap recommendations. These two are always on the list of places we take our co-workers when they're in STL for the first time. The bar scene in Soulard to me is just STL in a nutshell. If you're focused more on the immediate downtown area, I like Bridge.

You mentioned the Cardinal's game--I think that the rooftop bar at the Hilton at the Ballpark is just awesome at night. To me, worth checking out.

I could seriously put together a night out depending on neighborhood.

Downtown, my favorites might be Robust Wine Bar for pre-dinner fun, Mango for dinner (some people might also recommend Pi Pizza--hugely popular in STL), Bridge for drinks afterwards, the gelato place for desert.

Lafayette Square--Square One Brewing for pre-dinner fun, Eleven Eleven Mississippi for dinner, Chocolate Bar or the freakin gooey butter cakes at Park Avenue Coffee for dessert

CWE - Subzero Vodka Bar for pre-dinner drink, Brasserie by Niche for dinner, Bissinger's for dessert, pretty much any bar in Maryland Plaza-ish area for going out

Soulard, to me, is more about drinking & casual food than anything too fancy--which I love, don't get me wrong. One of my favorite things to do before sporting events was to drink in Soulard at a place that offered a free shuttle to the game.

I could go on....but these are some of the more popular centrally located to downtown neighborhoods. Can you tell I love food & drink? What you do during the day is less my thing--there are tons of options, but they're easy to research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: