Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:05 AM

385 posts, read 1,575,671 times

Advertisements

I'm new to St Louis, moved here July of this year... and now I'm moving out.
The crime is out of control:
Drive by shootings on the downtown city streets
Drive by shootings on the interstates
Murders
People being attacked in broad daylight
Shootings
Car break-ins
Car jackings
More murders
Robberies
More shootings
Protesters threatening to burn the city (plus all their other mean, hate filled, nonsense)
I could go on and on...
Anyway, St Louis is not a safe city, and not a place where I want my family to be. I regret moving here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 08:49 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,965,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Murders
Shootings
Car break-ins
Car jackings
More murders
Robberies
More shootings
Protesters threatening to burn the city (plus all their other mean, hate filled, nonsense)
I could go on and on...
Anyway, St Louis is not a safe city, and not a place where I want my family to be. I regret moving here.
I hope you are happy in your new city.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:58 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,054,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCitySam View Post
There is quite a bit that is already done in the name of "equality" in all sectors of society specifically designed and implemented to benefit blacks at the exclusion of other races.
"Quite a bit" obviously isn't enough, Sam. But go ahead and keep telling yourself you hit a home run when you were born on third base.

Recession widens the wealth gap by race - Jun. 21, 2012

Old 11-09-2014, 11:14 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,748,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieClaire View Post
Murders
Shootings
Car break-ins
Car jackings
More murders
Robberies
More shootings
I could go on and on...
While I agree that the crime here seems like it's spiraling out of control lately, there's nowhere you can go where all of the above (save the Ferguson protesters) doesn't happen. There's going to be crime in any major city. That's just the nature of major cities.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:19 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,015,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
While I agree that the crime here seems like it's spiraling out of control lately, there's nowhere you can go where all of the above (save the Ferguson protesters) doesn't happen. There's going to be crime in any major city. That's just the nature of major cities.
Just avoid the major cities

You won't be "crime free" but I'd welcome not hearing about shooting after shooting, looting, and random acts of murder. If more people = more problems....i'd happily trade more people for less people.

Old 11-09-2014, 05:16 PM

208 posts, read 235,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
"Quite a bit" obviously isn't enough...[/url]
Yes, I know. It's never enough is it?

Old 11-10-2014, 11:41 AM

150 posts, read 243,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
"Quite a bit" obviously isn't enough, Sam. But go ahead and keep telling yourself you hit a home run when you were born on third base.

Recession widens the wealth gap by race - Jun. 21, 2012
Of course the black culture of entitlement and violence has nothing to do with it.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:50 AM

188 posts, read 372,557 times
Geez not what I needed to read before spending a weekend downtown. Hoping there are large numbers of Broncos fans in downtown to keep it safe. Only time i ever felt unsafe downtown in St Louis was a weekend the Cards were out of town and nothing was going on at the arena. Not a good vibe with not many on the streets at 8pm.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:30 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,965,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimelistener View Post
Geez not what I needed to read before spending a weekend downtown. Hoping there are large numbers of Broncos fans in downtown to keep it safe. Only time i ever felt unsafe downtown in St Louis was a weekend the Cards were out of town and nothing was going on at the arena. Not a good vibe with not many on the streets at 8pm.
What about it made you feel unsafe?

I guess I am use to it. No one will bother you.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:23 PM

26 posts, read 38,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
What about it made you feel unsafe?

I guess I am use to it. No one will bother you.
As someone who lives downtown, I can see how on weeknights in the stadium area and CBD just because it is totally empty people could feel nervous. I don't think it actually is unsafe, but if you were expecting something like Wash Ave with lots of lights and people empty streets can be unsettling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis