Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:04 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times

Advertisements

Those are very nice, thank you for sharing!

Happy Holidays to all out there.

Here's one that really inspires - my wife and I admiring our most cherised holiday oracle.

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 09:51 PM

419 posts, read 1,333,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
Those are very nice, thank you for sharing!

Happy Holidays to all out there.

Here's one that really inspires - my wife and I admiring our most cherised holiday oracle.

Cheers!

Old 12-22-2009, 10:00 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,287,859 times
The two areas I like last year were the Ladue Rd area in Ladue and Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville, IL.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:54 PM

419 posts, read 1,333,116 times
Ok, we did the Rockhill House on McKinley, Tillis Park, AND Candy Cane Lane in St. Louis Hills tonight. Cheesy holiday fun to get us in the mood! A blast...

Old 12-23-2009, 08:31 PM

389 posts, read 902,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3lizzy View Post
It's been our tradition to drive around the metro area the weekend before Christmas and look at the lights (residential). We know about the house on Ladue Road west of 270, but wondered if there are any fabulously decorated houses or neighborhoods we should be sure to see. Thanks for your help!
this sounds eerily similar to how home alone starts off. I'd be careful.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,275 times
Thumbs up check out this home

you should check out the house in Wildhorse Subdivision it is on Wildhorse pkwy when you pull into the subdivision. he adds more lights every year. no blow ups or cartoony figures-just beautiful lighting on a Gingerbread looking home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaPurpleLady View Post
I am a Christmas light fanatic. I have been looking at lights my whole life & my husband patiently drives me all around the city. I do not like the commercial lights. They are beautiful, but I am drawn to those that everyday people have worked so hard to create for their families & for the rest of us to enjoy.

I have developed a list over many years. Some of these homes were recommended by others, most I have found myself by driving or by looking at the internet. I attempted to attach it to this email, but the file is to large. If you are interested in receiving it, please write to me & I will gladly send it to you.

I hope that you will enjoy these homes. Please let me know if you know of any others that I may not already have.

We are going out tonight to 5 homes tonight that are not on my list as I have not seen them before.

Happy Holidays to you all.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM

5 posts, read 29,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeorge View Post
I'm that kooky one in Rockhill

www.gtechdesign.com is my website. I'm about two blocks south of Tillis park off old warson rd. this year I have done my house and two neighbors house as well. All set to music.
Update. Its now five house's I do. Also, keep in mind I collect can goods and donations for Backstoppers. Please stop by and enjoy.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,750,006 times
Probably coming up this Thursday. Are there any parts of town that are decked out in Christmas stuff? How is St. Charles' Main Street this time of year?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
How is St. Charles' Main Street this time of year?
Stunningly pretty. And they have ice skating at Frontier Park, too!

Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,689,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeorge View Post
Update. Its now five house's I do. Also, keep in mind I collect can goods and donations for Backstoppers. Please stop by and enjoy.
Somehow I live 2 sidestreets away from your house and have not noticed all the lights on my way home! I will be sure to stop by at some point. You get bonus points for supporting Backstoppers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis