Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:38 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,833,209 times

Advertisements

Bernie Miklasz | St. Louis Post-Disptach and STLtoday.com sports columnist (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/columnists.nsf/berniemiklasz/story/E76D1319278A6843862575C70010D605?OpenDocument - broken link)

Not good at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 PM

389 posts, read 902,900 times
Sucks. Chip Rosenbloom is a back stabbing bastard for offering the team up to out of towners. St. Louis isn't going to want to give them another stadium either, not after ballpark village and not after bending over backwards to get the rams here in the first place.

I wish we could keep them and put the stadium on the east riverfront, maybe we'd get more money from Illinois as the bears will never get a new stadium. Soldier Field is a landmark. That top 8 stadium requirement is frustrating and isn't fair. I'll agree to build them a stadium one last time but after that I wouldn't want to be bothered about it for the next 80 years.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:27 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,292,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_genesis View Post
Sucks. Chip Rosenbloom is a back stabbing bastard for offering the team up to out of towners.
what? Chip wants to sell the team to a local person...he has no choice but to sell due to a huge amount of estate tax he has to pay...and when i say HUGE i mean HUGE, few hundred million....thats few hundred million he doesnt have unless he sells the team. I believe its about 46% total of what the Rams are worth...and Forbes has the Rams at $929,000,000...no local person can afford that...only chance a local gets it...if a group of them pull their money together

Old 05-31-2009, 09:57 AM

389 posts, read 902,900 times
No Chip said the team has been offered to out of towners. He'll go as low as 850 million. He could void the stadium clause before he sells the team but will he? Blues Cardinals are both owned by out of towners so it isn't too out there. Everyone in LA wants the rams back though and LA has a shiny new stadium being built. I'm afraid it might be over with. No one in St Louis is going to step up to buy this team and the taxpayers will not pay for any stadium for a team not named the Cardinals. This is truly a baseball town and I just might have to leave in the next few years.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:38 PM

69 posts, read 63,090 times
It's too bad there aren't any Gussie Busches around town anymore. STL is in decline, and it's only going to get worse.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:48 PM

343 posts, read 1,085,228 times
As a former Seattle Sonics fan, I feel your pain, and I really hope you guys can get things worked out with the Rams, because I can tell ya that losing a pro sports team really hurts. I wouldn't wish it on any fan.

Old 05-31-2009, 06:55 PM

91 posts, read 165,986 times
>From the South Bay to the Valley
>From the West Side to the East Side
Everybody's very happy
'Cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day

I love L.A. (We love it)
I love L.A. (We love it)

Look at these women
There ain't nothin' like 'em nowhere

Century Boulevard (We love it)
Victory Boulevard (We love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (We love it)
Sixth Street (We love it, we love it)

I love L.A.
I love L.A.
(We love it)

It's OVER. Back to L.A. The 14-year experiment snagged one Super Bowl and a lot of blackouts. STL goes back to a good Baseball and Hockey town.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:06 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Here's a thought: It might not be outside the realm of possibility that this man
could buy the Rams and schlep them to Los Angeles!

Notice that I did not say it was a good thought!

From what I understand, though, his son's not totally a chip off the old block, as evidenced by the Cardinals' Super Bowl appearance this past February.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:10 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL4eva View Post
>From the South Bay to the Valley
>From the West Side to the East Side
Everybody's very happy
'Cause the sun is shining all the time
Looks like another perfect day

I love L.A. (We love it)
I love L.A. (We love it)

Look at these women
There ain't nothin' like 'em nowhere

Century Boulevard (We love it)
Victory Boulevard (We love it)
Santa Monica Boulevard (We love it)
Sixth Street (We love it, we love it)

I love L.A.
I love L.A.
(We love it)
OK. But no one, I repeat, no one is going to turn this into a music video if I can help it!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM

69 posts, read 63,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicsFan93 View Post
As a former Seattle Sonics fan, I feel your pain, and I really hope you guys can get things worked out with the Rams, because I can tell ya that losing a pro sports team really hurts. I wouldn't wish it on any fan.
Oh we understand. I barely remember the Big Red, but I know what its like to not have a local football team to root for..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: