Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 02:35 PM

389 posts, read 902,900 times

Advertisements

Good game today for the Rams in a losing effort and a good showing by Rams fans. Gibson looks nice. Very nice hands and quick feet. Oh and the Broncos lost to the Redskins. I think the Rams might have won some new fans and a few old ones back today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 03:47 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
In regards to the selling out of the stadium...

Rams sellout isn't always cut and dried - STLtoday.com (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/47FEE7A2860F87018625766E000E369C?OpenDocument - broken link)

Old 11-15-2009, 06:37 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_genesis View Post
Good game today for the Rams in a losing effort and a good showing by Rams fans. Gibson looks nice. Very nice hands and quick feet. Oh and the Broncos lost to the Redskins. I think the Rams might have won some new fans and a few old ones back today.

Did hell freeze over today?

I'll admit the Lambs hung tough against New Orleans, which I consider the second best team in the league after Indianapolis.

They might beat Seattle next week, but that's about it in the W column. 2-14 again.

Friendly reminder:

DEN 6-3 1st place
STL 1-8 dead last.

Go Blues!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:11 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,781,549 times
Was sick, but still made it to the Rams/Saints. Would have been much more fun had I been able to drink ... but it was still a good game. My team won, but props to the Rams for being the better team in the first half. Main thing I miss is all of the crazy people in the Superdome. Anyone see the guy in the gold hat, suit, and umbrella with the gold rain hainging off? Yeah, picture a few hundred of him and then a few thousand more wearing some kind of black saints gear .

Old 11-16-2009, 09:43 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,804,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post

Did hell freeze over today?

I'll admit the Lambs hung tough against New Orleans, which I consider the second best team in the league after Indianapolis.

They might beat Seattle next week, but that's about it in the W column. 2-14 again.

Friendly reminder:

DEN 6-3 1st place
STL 1-8 dead last.

Go Blues!
Perhaps you missed post #28 in this thread? Lol. Really? You post regarding Rams "support" and then it's pointed out to you that "your rooted for team" allowed a larger tailgate for the opposing team and many thousands of their fans to buy tix from you season tix holders, and you would like to skip right passed it? Lol. In the Rams support thread? You kindly have advanced the point. Denver, your team was 6-1 with a big home game yet managed to do the above. The Rams have had a poor record this year and past few years.

The point was and is that opposing team fans invade other cities for game s and tix. No team is exempt, not even the 6-1 at the time Broncos. Although some may be scratching their heads. It'd likely make more sense if Denver had a poor record at the time.

And yes to the other poster, the NFL, nor the Rams care who buy the tix to games as long as they are purchased. However, teams need a reliable local and regional fan base to remain long term viable. And the Rams have plenty of that.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:05 PM

147 posts, read 383,901 times
Yesterday's game was easily the most fun I've had at a Rams game in some time. This doesn't feel like a 1-8 team - they fight hard for Coach Spags, and I think things are headed in the right direction. We just need a good draft and some shrewd FA signings.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBaliviere View Post
Yesterday's game was easily the most fun I've had at a Rams game in some time. This doesn't feel like a 1-8 team - they fight hard for Coach Spags, and I think things are headed in the right direction. We just need a good draft and some shrewd FA signings.
... one of which needs to be a brand new QB, imho. Will never get anywhere with Kyle, or especially Mark. I think the Rams have some decent pieces to build upon ... if they could just get a true leader at QB.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
... one of which needs to be a brand new QB, imho. Will never get anywhere with Kyle, or especially Mark. I think the Rams have some decent pieces to build upon ... if they could just get a true leader at QB.
How about Michael Vick?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman84 View Post
How about Michael Vick?
Would boost ticket sales no doubt ... and would be interesting/fun to watch ... not sure if it would translate to more wins. You?

I can't say I wouldn't go watch that each week though.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

ESPN Radio is convinced that Jimmy Claussen (from the great University of Notre Dame) may be headed to St. Louis in the draft. That would be very interesting.

I've said this many times - Bulger has excellent technical QB skills on occasion, but he has no heart or leadership capacity, and those are key elements to being a successful QB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis