Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 06:00 PM

2 posts, read 4,066 times

Advertisements

This is my first post and just about an hour ago, I was driving down clayton rd and this suv was flying dirctly behind me going about 50 mph near crestview middle school in ellisville. I was going the speed limit and this middled aged lady followed me for about 4-5 miles tailgating me till I turned into my subdivision. She even ran a stop sign still tailgating me and honked at me when I turned in my subdivision. It's funny to me that she lost her temper because I was driving the speed limit and she might be in a hurry.

So are you guys that crazy when its not going your way and are you guys in such a rush that you ignore driving safety and etiquette.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 08:23 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,496,464 times
I drive fast but friendly. I don't cut people off, I signal my intention to turn, and I stay near the speed limit within metropolitan parameters. I let people in and at the end of the day, road rage is idiotic and useless.

I handle road ragers by blowing them a kiss or, if I'm alone in the vehicle, smiliing and making a very crude gesture with my tongue and fingers.

Only once have I had to display my Glock (I-44 near the Jamieson exit, so you understand the mentality of the individual that I was dealing with).

Old 06-19-2010, 08:25 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,011,731 times
I only get angry when someone is tailgating me on when i'm on my bike, or when they cut me off or nearly run me over...It's normally grounds for using my carbon fiber gauntlets to punch a hole in the side mirror while they're turning left further up the road.

Besides taking out side mirrors, i'm pretty calm.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:32 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
tailgating is an art form in MO.

I just slam on my brakes when someone is tagging me (and I tend to drive fast)

Old 06-19-2010, 08:40 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,657,189 times
I was driving westbound on Arsenal one evening and arrived at the Kingshighway and Arsenal intersection. I was just minding my own business waiting for the light to go green and then I hear a honk behind me. I'm sitting there thinking real quick what the hell could I be doing wrong ... I'm not doing anything wrong. So the guy honks again and then all of the sudden I feel a bump! He bumped into my car. Luckily, the light turned green at that point anyway so I started going, expecting to pull over soon enough to assess damage, etc. No damage but the guy goes nuts on me explaining that I was the one who hit him. Luckily, a police officer was nearby to diffuse the situation. I guess some people feel like if the guy in front of them is not going to run a red light while there is traffic on the other street that they are crazy and that I am at fault since they bumped into me!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,614,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervtd View Post
This is my first post and just about an hour ago, I was driving down clayton rd and this suv was flying dirctly behind me going about 50 mph near crestview middle school in ellisville. I was going the speed limit and this middled aged lady followed me for about 4-5 miles tailgating me till I turned into my subdivision. She even ran a stop sign still tailgating me and honked at me when I turned in my subdivision. It's funny to me that she lost her temper because I was driving the speed limit and she might be in a hurry.

So are you guys that crazy when its not going your way and are you guys in such a rush that you ignore driving safety and etiquette.
Get the heck out of the way if you're blocking traffic.

My pet peeve is people that think they can drive 5 mph under the speed limit in the passing lane.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,267,326 times
Unhappy Some people have restricted license

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigervtd View Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I totally agree with you.

Try driving with a restricted license, like MANY PEOPLE HAVE.
Which means you can only go 45 mph... MAX That really sucks.
If you go faster & get caught, then you get a ticket with a higher fine or your license taken away.
No night driving either. Some aren't allowwed to drive on a major highway.
Some people have to do this.
Nothing is worse than losing all your independence. It's terrible

So before all the rage nuts...go nuts. Think about the other guy.
Everyone has problems...some even medical issues that they can only go 45 mph.
All I can say is... feel lucky that you don't have these medical issues where you are forced to have limitations.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,066 times
Hey calvinist, i was going the posted speed limit not 5 under and i think it was 35 or 40 mph. It was a school zone by crestview middle school which usually has a cop there also and one lane each way ahead so how can i move over. I don't go over the speed limit anymore after getting two seperate speeding tickets couple years ago.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 AM

314 posts, read 414,330 times
come to florida the driving is enough to make you want to beat someone with a stop sign and yell red means stop!!! while proceeding to tell them what yellow and green mean just incase they dont know drivers today
suck.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mask of thought View Post
come to florida the driving is enough to make you want to beat someone with a stop sign and yell red means stop!!! while proceeding to tell them what yellow and green mean just incase they dont know drivers today
suck.
Aint that the doggone truth! Driving in STL is a breeze compared to here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis