Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 AM

1,183 posts, read 716,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
RE above. Dr. Ornish, a renowned cardiologist, has had reversal of heart disease and hypertension through utilizing a vegan, low-fat diet. His results speak volumes. A number of his patients have avoided heart surgery altogether.

Others have avoided more heart surgery when their previous heart surgery by previous doctors failed to give them lasting results...

Problem is, many of us will not go on his program and follow a low-fat, vegan diet. We find it too restrictive.

Me, I would do anything within my power to avoid heart surgery....

I just read the post you responded too. It doesn't say anything about Ornish - it talks about the studies showing correlation between mental health issues and vegetarianism/veganism. I love how you just silly dismiss it as "meat-industry" funded (the studies aren't - read the funding sources ) or "manipulated data". Because only the studies that agree with your worldview are genuine right! There can't be any negative consequences right! Lol All those potato council and lettuce society -funded studies you are quoting! Gotta be suspicious

I'd post a link to confirmation bias - but you'd dismiss that too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 12:18 PM

7,177 posts, read 12,760,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Can you think of a better way of dying than a heart attack out of the blue when you're 85?
I can't. Pretty much every other way of dying is worse. (and "dying in your sleep" = heart failure while asleep).
Sure, if that's the way it plays out. One heart attack at 85, in your sleep, would be a "good" death.

Or, it could be like a friend of ours who had multiple procedures such as stents & bypasses and more who never changed his lifestyle re diet or exercise (even though his Doc advised and encouraged him to), had multiple heart attacks, and also developed diabetes and then died of his final heart attack at 62...never got to meet his grand-daughter a little bit down the road.

Lots of suffering...not a "good" death. Hard to figure...some kind of death wish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements