Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 01:45 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

http://www.simplysolutions.net/prlpr...gano%20LSS.pdf

I'm saving myself from major dental work now going on 10 yrs. Long story. Helping a neighbor with dental pain too and helping her with OOO and a solution I've made up to knock out infection. This friend went thru dental work a few yrs ago and several new crowns so she's not about to go back and spend money she does not have.

Now I'm helping that neighbor with a rash, which she finds it's tinea ringworm and was given a script for $145 for a cream which she cannot afford. She is working with OOO now more for this ringworm rash. You'll never hear from a doctor to use OOO. Now if the doctor cared, he could have told her get otc Lamicil..when she called the office the nurse told her Lamicil could be used.

http://tineaversicure.com/anti-funga...atment-part-2/

I have a rash on my ankle or an abrasion issue and using OOO more now hoping it will take care of it. The rash I believe is from ankle support rubbing on ankle. I also deal with OA in my feet.

Anyway, before I'd ever go to a doctor for drugs I would work with OOO. It's very powerful essential oil.

Best to buy diluted type which I do. I use Now Foods brand 1 oz dropper bottle.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-09-2016 at 02:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 08:22 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
In most cases, you can treat ringworm of the skin with antifungal creams or ointments. Many are available without a prescription. Use a nonprescription antifungal cream with miconazole or clotrimazole in it. Brand names include Micatin, Mycelex, and Tinactin. Terbinafine cream (Lamisil) is also available without a prescription.

Ringworm of the Skin Home Remedies and Treatments

In most cases, if you tell your doctor you cannot afford the prescribed medication, they will inform you of alternative treatments.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 06:46 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
In most cases, you can treat ringworm of the skin with antifungal creams or ointments. Many are available without a prescription. Use a nonprescription antifungal cream with miconazole or clotrimazole in it. Brand names include Micatin, Mycelex, and Tinactin. Terbinafine cream (Lamisil) is also available without a prescription.

Ringworm of the Skin Home Remedies and Treatments

In most cases, if you tell your doctor you cannot afford the prescribed medication, they will inform you of alternative treatments.
Yup, and Lamasil, Micatin, etc - aren't "alternative" treatments, as in - alternative medicine. They're pretty much standard-issue medical treatments that don't require a prescription.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:21 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Yup, and Lamasil, Micatin, etc - aren't "alternative" treatments, as in - alternative medicine. They're pretty much standard-issue medical treatments that don't require a prescription.
That's what I meant, but I didn't express it properly.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-10-2016, 02:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
I use Oil of Oregano as an antiviral. It helps prevent cold sore outbreaks, colds, flu, stomach virus, etc. I've had great success with it.

Old 02-10-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I use Oil of Oregano as an antiviral. It helps prevent cold sore outbreaks, colds, flu, stomach virus, etc. I've had great success with it.
How do you know? What I mean is - how do you know that if you didn't use oregano oil, you would have cold sores, colds, flu, stomach virus, etc? Maybe you wouldn't get these illnesses anyway. You can't prove a negative. Because - don't forget, you also drink water. Maybe it's the water that's preventing these illnesses. I'll bet you use some kind of soap for your skin, and some kind of shampoo for your hair. How much you wanna be that combination is what's preventing all those sicknesses?

Now - if you are ALWAYS sick when you aren't using oregano oil, then sure you'd have a strong enough correlation that a causation might very well be plausible.

But the only way to tell, is to NOT take oil of oregano for a couple of years. And even then - it's possible that the oregano oil doesn't prevent that particular strain of flu that you happened to catch one year. You can't prove that either.

And - here's the kicker - if it was true that oil of oregano prevented cold sores, colds, flu, stomach virus, etc - then everyone who takes oil of oregano would be immune to all of those things. I'd love to see the clinical studies showing that no one taking oil of oregano over the course of ten years has gotten any of those illnesses.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:11 PM

185 posts, read 143,218 times
Quote:
How do you know? ....

And - here's the kicker - if it was true that oil of oregano prevented cold sores, colds, flu, stomach virus, etc - then everyone who takes oil of oregano would be immune to all of those things. I'd love to see the clinical studies showing that no one taking oil of oregano over the course of ten years has gotten any of those illnesses.

OUCH! Nice Anon.

Old 02-10-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
How do you know? What I mean is - how do you know that if you didn't use oregano oil, you would have cold sores, colds, flu, stomach virus, etc? Maybe you wouldn't get these illnesses anyway. You can't prove a negative. Because - don't forget, you also drink water. Maybe it's the water that's preventing these illnesses. I'll bet you use some kind of soap for your skin, and some kind of shampoo for your hair. How much you wanna be that combination is what's preventing all those sicknesses?

Now - if you are ALWAYS sick when you aren't using oregano oil, then sure you'd have a strong enough correlation that a causation might very well be plausible.

But the only way to tell, is to NOT take oil of oregano for a couple of years. And even then - it's possible that the oregano oil doesn't prevent that particular strain of flu that you happened to catch one year. You can't prove that either.

I'm going to pretend that your first question is actually sincere because if you had stopped there this could have been a productive conversation. So in the interest of discussion, not debate and for the person who did pose a genuine question via the rep feature and others who may be truly interested, I'll answer that first question with sincerity.

People who get cold sores tend to know when they are going to have an outbreak because they feel a tingling sensation beforehand. Cold sore outbreaks tend to come out when a person's immune system is worn down due to fatigue, illness, stress, etc. A person who has had cold sore outbreaks for most of their life knows when they are at risk and they know the signs and sensations that signal an impending outbreak. In the past I have had great success with using the amino acid L-lysine (a tired and true method to prevent cold sores) to ward off outbreaks. I went from multiple and sometimes severe cold sore outbreaks a year to just a couple of mild ones when using L-lysine at the first sign. Oil of oregano contains anti-virals and many people have had success with using it for cold sores. I decided to try it in addition to the L-lysine and I further reduced those outbreak from a couple of mild ones a year to none.

Oil of oregano is not something that you want to take daily. It's something that you can use when your body is feeling worn down as that is when you are more at risk from not only cold sores but from illness is general. I happened to be taking when my whole family came down with norovirus. I was in close quarters with multiple people for days who had active norvirus and in spite of being puked on (tends to happen with kids) and cleaning up puke and the fact that norvirus is EXTREMELY contagious. I never caught it. I was baffled as to how I escaped it because I'm not immune to norovirus. I've had it before. The same exact scenario played out the following winter and that is when I put two and two together and did some research on norovirus and oil of oregano and found evidence that supports ooo's ability to fight norvirus. The following winter the family got it AGAIN (school aged kids get sick A LOT) and again I avoided it for the third year in a row. Coincidence? Doubtful. I also have been exposed to flu three times in the past four years in the same type of conditions and didn't get it. No flu shot either. Maybe I was immune to those strains, maybe not. I very rarely get colds when I used to get many. Feel free to chalk it all up to coincidence but I've seen great results and will continue to use it as a tool to stay healthy.

Old 02-11-2016, 06:34 AM

What's more likely, is that you -developed- a natural immunity to the virus by constant exposure to it. That's how the immune system works: whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

The oil might or might not have contributed to it, but without actual clinical testing with blind placebo studies, you really can't attribute it to the oil. ESPECIALLY when you consider there are people who do use the oil, and get sick anyway.

I used to get bronchitis every winter. For years. I started getting it before I ever started smoking, and stopped getting it before I quit. So I can't attribute the sickness to smoking (though certainly smoking made it worse). I never took any oil of oregano. I didn't change my lifestyle, I didn't change anything. It just stopped showing up one year and hasn't returned since. My immune system changed. I could attribute it to the fact that one of my cats died and I can pretend I was allergic to something on that particular cat. I can attribute it to a change in the water I was drinking. I could attribute it to the fact that I bought a new shirt and threw away an old favorite - maybe there was something in the fiber that weakened my immune system.

But the fact of the matter is, immune systems are subject to change, and sometimes - there is no trigger at all. It's just the nature of biology.

Old 02-11-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
What's more likely, is that you -developed- a natural immunity to the virus by constant exposure to it. That's how the immune system works: whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

The oil might or might not have contributed to it, but without actual clinical testing with blind placebo studies, you really can't attribute it to the oil. ESPECIALLY when you consider there are people who do use the oil, and get sick anyway.

I used to get bronchitis every winter. For years. I started getting it before I ever started smoking, and stopped getting it before I quit. So I can't attribute the sickness to smoking (though certainly smoking made it worse). I never took any oil of oregano. I didn't change my lifestyle, I didn't change anything. It just stopped showing up one year and hasn't returned since. My immune system changed. I could attribute it to the fact that one of my cats died and I can pretend I was allergic to something on that particular cat. I can attribute it to a change in the water I was drinking. I could attribute it to the fact that I bought a new shirt and threw away an old favorite - maybe there was something in the fiber that weakened my immune system.

But the fact of the matter is, immune systems are subject to change, and sometimes - there is no trigger at all. It's just the nature of biology.
That same logic could be used with any medicine, drug vaccine. I'll continue to use oil of oregano as I do believe the anti-viral properties of it have worked very well for me. You are free to stick to whatever drug you believe works for you or simply do nothing because as you say, it could just your immune system changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements