Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 PM

14,965 posts, read 12,181,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Silica | Define Silica at Dictionary.com

"the dioxide form of silicon, SiO 2, occurring especially as quartz sand, flint, and agate: used usually in the form of its prepared white powder chiefly in the manufacture of glass, water glass, ceramics, and abrasives."

Why would anyone want to eat that?
Kind of like eating sand, I would think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 02:37 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
One has to agree the ones who are taking DE also comment that they take NO drugs or hardly any. I've done my research and don't even open links that are being posted. Thanks anyway for so many efforts to distract us from our efforts. I posted about the food grade I use and I guess no one reads that info. Oh well..
I open all your links and read them, this link in post 22 is your motivating factor to consuming DE? Are all your varied pills and potions similar in your reason for taking them? what scientific study has gone into all the supplements you take, seems to me any good marketer with a good story on his product and hes got you hooked on it.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:48 PM

26,658 posts, read 28,727,992 times
https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...ntname=silicon

How does it work?
A clear function of silicon in humans has not been established. There is some evidence, though, that silicon might have a role in bone and collagen formation.

Apparently nobody knows yet for sure if it really works. Still being investigated. So let's allow people to discuss it without ridicule. You can disagree, of course, but do so politely.

Old 02-28-2018, 07:05 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,576,507 times
I started taking about a teaspoon in a small glass of water. I take it almost everyday (occasionally I forget) and now I am up to a heaping teaspoon or so.

I have turned on a few friends to DE and they are having good results too.

The health and wellness thread has some posters that go out of their way to attack anyone with opposing views. I have been attacked and due to that I usually stay clear of this thread.

Thanks to the posters that are gutsy enough to share their experiences and wisdom even though they are attacked at every turn. I have learned a lot and really appreciate you taking the time to share!

Old 02-28-2018, 08:02 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,787,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I started taking about a teaspoon in a small glass of water. I take it almost everyday (occasionally I forget) and now I am up to a heaping teaspoon or so.

I have turned on a few friends to DE and they are having good results too.

The health and wellness thread has some posters that go out of their way to attack anyone with opposing views. I have been attacked and due to that I usually stay clear of this thread.

Thanks to the posters that are gutsy enough to share their experiences and wisdom even though they are attacked at every turn. I have learned a lot and really appreciate you taking the time to share!
Thanks for your dosing info. That's about what I'm taking and going to stay with it, not this off and on, the company said one should notice a relief issue in 90 days or so. Depending on what relief one is looking for....for me arthritis and if I get other reliefs then good. I drink a lot of water daily and make sure with the DE now to drink more.

On your other comments, I hear you and can relate. So much anger almost like the political group.

Thanks again...jam

Old 02-28-2018, 08:53 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,905,197 times
I had a friend who told me about DE months ago and forgot all about it until I found my note I made myself. He told me that it changed his white hair back to the dark black that he had when he was a teenager. Hair color isn’t important to me but the fact that the DE is working in his system doing something like that tells me it much be doing other things as well. My friend doesn’t take any other meds or supplements. He “thinks” it has improved his energy level and memory somewhat – however he’s not fully sure it is the effects of the DE. As he said – nothing else in his diet is different. In any case I was interested in seeing what C-D had on the topic and this thread has given me some food for thought. (no pun intended)

Old 02-28-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I had a friend who told me about DE months ago and forgot all about it until I found my note I made myself. He told me that it changed his white hair back to the dark black that he had when he was a teenager. Hair color isn’t important to me but the fact that the DE is working in his system doing something like that tells me it much be doing other things as well. My friend doesn’t take any other meds or supplements. He “thinks” it has improved his energy level and memory somewhat – however he’s not fully sure it is the effects of the DE. As he said – nothing else in his diet is different. In any case I was interested in seeing what C-D had on the topic and this thread has given me some food for thought. (no pun intended)
Well, my friend, it's sure is affordable ENUF and I truly believe there is something to it and for me I just didn't stick with it when I started on it years ago. Lord knows where I might be if I had...thinking about all the things I didn't stick with years ago even like the Cosamin DS I take now...I heard about it 10 yrs ago and IF ONLY....perhaps all this arthritis would not be what it is...

A good friend I met on another health group put me on to DE and she's no fool when it comes to trying and working on healing. She deals with nasty CFS. And her sister RA. They were both working with it. I'll have to mention that I'm BACK ON.

Interesting about your friends results. The OP here talks about improved energy too. Take care. jam

Old 02-28-2018, 09:46 PM

Well, this is informative. I was looking for a DE Support group and found this link on people taking DE and other supps as well. Most here deal with neuropathy and a host of other issues but DE comes up by some of the members. This is from several years ago but not that long in the whole scheme of things.

https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral...ous-earth.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements