Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2019, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,534 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Lots of different company's offering curcumin in capsule and powder form and lots of claims that theirs's is the best for many reasons.

Found this and would like your thoughts:

Nanocurcumin by (Planet One) available in capsule and powder form. It's organic and most importantly it's a nano size particle which has a MUCH smaller particle size than standard curcumin. It's claimed to be water soluble whereas standard curcumin is only fat soluble and supposedly only 3% actually gets into the blood stream even with the ones which have pepper added, whereas the nano curcumin is fully absorbed.

I also ran across a curcumin called Theracumin by (Intergrative)which is in the same category (nano particle size) ----------- only it's not available in powder form.

Looking for a curcumin that gets into the blood stream effectively to deal with cancer and although there's a lot of great info on curcumin for this application you find they have to take a ton of capsules per day in order to get enough in the blood stream to be affective.

Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 02:42 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,356,933 times
I have used Theracurmin by Natural Factors. It is supposedly more absorbable than regular curcumin or curcurmin plus black pepper. I used it for general antioxidant support, not for any particular condition, so I can't really say if it worked or didn't work.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:36 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,153,772 times
I use a combination of GMC turmeric curcumin,2x1000 per day.great product, helps with the nerve pain.
I also use it with a combination of boswellia, very promising combo for now.

Wondering what illnesses are good for my prescribed combo?
Rhumy doctor say he has read so much good news about it.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:14 PM

47 posts, read 35,136 times
Yes, water soluble (also known as hydro-soluble) forms of turmeric do absorb better, and this is something to check in with your doctor about as well.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:45 PM

18 posts, read 20,254 times
Default Tumeric efficacy

One wants to be careful, what brand of Tumeric they purchase. Some have been tested and they have found to have lead in them. Also, The FDA does not regulate vitamin supplements

Old 05-10-2020, 03:06 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times
Probably the most confusing supplement.

This article is pro C3/pepper(I think their criticisms are overblown) but it still gives you an overview of whats out there.

https://pureprescriptions.com/scient...cumin-product/

I personally think Sports Research C3/pepper/coconut oil, Life Extensions new curcumin elite, or 1MDs longvida/boswellia are all good options to try.

I think it is worth mentioning that 2 of the best supplement companies, Thorne and Jarrow, went with the Meriva formula.

Last edited by Rom623; 05-10-2020 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 09-06-2020, 09:09 PM

38 posts, read 35,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Probably the most confusing supplement.

This article is pro C3/pepper(I think their criticisms are overblown) but it still gives you an overview of whats out there.

https://pureprescriptions.com/scient...cumin-product/

I personally think Sports Research C3/pepper/coconut oil, Life Extensions new curcumin elite, or 1MDs longvida/boswellia are all good options to try.

I think it is worth mentioning that 2 of the best supplement companies, Thorne and Jarrow, went with the Meriva formula.
I recently did a bit of research when choosing my curcumin sup. I devoted some time to the Mervia version offered by my supplier, pure encapsulations, but I came to the conclusion it's no better than anything from big pharma. It's a human modified solution with the almighty dollar driving results. I'll add that my 'not better' statement does not pertain to absorption. The absorption is shown to be superior to anything else, and not just slightly.

Kind of like using red yeast rice vs. a statin. That was my take anyways.

Old 09-06-2020, 11:58 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,002 times
I believe Mervia is better for inflammation/joint pain, I really only mentioned it because I consider Thorne and Jarrow two of the best companies.

Cancermind guy thinks you need Free Curcumin. Longvida or LEF new curcumin elite are probably your best bet.

The LEF is the more natural formulation and they think the addition of fenugreek prevents curcumin from metabolizing into the inactive forms. They have discontinued their successful bcm-95 in favor of this new formulation.

Might also be interested in these articles
Quercetin even more ant-cancer potential than curcumin - natural factors has some good formulations
Diagnosed with cancer, learn to love your natural killer cells - add probiotics, mushroom extracts, and extra C to your vitamin regimen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements