Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 PM

22 posts, read 107,092 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on the different lofts located in the downtown area? Is Franklin View Terrace, Nettleton, Loft at Willow, Flats on North Salina, etc.

I am looking for a nice place dtown at a reasonable budget. I am considering Franklin View Terrace. Has anyone heard anything about this place? It seems as though they are just finishing construction...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:08 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,624,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingCuse View Post
Any thoughts on the different lofts located in the downtown area? Is Franklin View Terrace, Nettleton, Loft at Willow, Flats on North Salina, etc.

I am looking for a nice place dtown at a reasonable budget. I am considering Franklin View Terrace. Has anyone heard anything about this place? It seems as though they are just finishing construction...

The Lofts on Willow is closest to the heart of downtown. This complex is adjacent to the Dinosaur Barbeque if that is of interest. Franklin View Terrace is still under construction, however there are finished units available for rent. The city has installed new lighting and curbing along North Franklin Street which should open the outer periphery of Franklin Square up for continued redevelopment. Franklinview is just across the street from Spaghetti Warehouse, an Italian restaurant that serves lunch and dinner. The area is perhaps a little desolate as it is located in the NW edge of Franklin Square. In the last few years, several vacant industrial buildings have been redeveloped and the investments made by the city including repaving Solar Street and North Clinton are a big improvement. You might want to check out Lakefront Lofts which is located in the building that houses Spaghetti Warehouse. While their newer units are in the $1000 to $1400 range, they have some smaller one bedrooms that were developed a few years ago that were listed for rent at around $800.

Here is their website:
Lakefront Lofts

I would also check out the Lofts at Franklin Square which would put you closer to the eastern edge of the neighborhood by Mission Landing. One bedroom apartments start at $870. Here is their website and related photographs from the architect:

http://www.suttoncos.com/management/...mmercial_id=13
http://www.apartmentfinder.com/New-Y...are-Apartments
http://www.macknightarchitects.com/lofts.html

Old 06-16-2010, 12:15 PM

107 posts, read 219,637 times
One just listed on clist that looks right up your alley "218 W. Genesee Apt 4B", rent is reasonable for a one person with all utilities included and you're really close to downtown at that location. I'd reccomend nettleton commons from the list you gave, good price, close to DT, 24 hour gas station across the way, OIP within a block and you can also get offstreet parking. I have a good friend who lives there, and i'd definitely reccomend it.

Like Rolls said, the Franklin View Terrace is kind of in a desolate area, not un-safe by any means at all, but there's not much around the immediate vicinity. As far as the quality of the apartments, i think all the places you listed are about equal...so it'll come down to price, and location most likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area