Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 04:31 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,271,611 times

Advertisements

50's and 60's are chilly to me.

High 70's to low 90's would be my sweet spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 04:47 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
50's and 60's are chilly to me.

High 70's to low 90's would be my sweet spot.
This just goes to show how different our preferences are. And know that just because one person is complaining or happy, doesn't mean the rest of the population feels that way.

If I could find a place that was perpetual Fall, I would be there in a heartbeat. I lived in Florida for a few years followed by Hawaii. I loved that time in my life. But now that I'm here in the Syracuse area, I have totally fallen in love with Fall.

The weather today wasn't bad to me. It wasn't amazing either. Yesterday was very hot and sunny, and I was outside all day. So today I was also outside doing yard work and was happy with the non-direct sun.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:24 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,919 times
I didn't know the Downtown Living Tour was this past weekend. Was there less promotion than normal? It looks like the only mention of it on Syracuse.com was on the weekend section and it was lumped in with the other events.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:32 AM

93,382 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
I didn't know the Downtown Living Tour was this past weekend. Was there less promotion than normal? It looks like the only mention of it on Syracuse.com was on the weekend section and it was lumped in with the other events.
I didn't go, but I was Downtown that afternoon and there were quite a few people walking around and on the shuttle for the event. I did hear about it on the radio.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,528,016 times
As a big fan of Restaurant Impossible, I do hope this works out for them

McShane's, made (in)famous on 'Restaurant: Impossible,' to close restaurant, start food truck | syracuse.com

Old 05-21-2013, 01:53 PM

Pic of part of my commute today (I commute by flip-flop this time of year).

Temp is very very good today. Subtract 5 degrees or add 10 and I'd still say nice day.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,760,139 times
Today was a good day because I always deep clean in nasty, muggy, hot weather. lol - any little mess is seen in a higher power and my mood is awful until it's done. My husband and I removed everything from half the rooms in the house, cleaned thoroughly, cleaned everything before going back in, and FOUR loads of linens dried on the line in record time. All winter bedding was packed away and fresh summer bedding is out.

A productive day, so I enjoyed it when all is said and done, but not without yanking out the sprinkler for ourselves and ice cold beverages all day. If I just had to BE in this weather, I'd have been miserable.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:19 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,919 times
Next muggy day, feel free to come clean my house. I attempted to wash the bedding last night after work, but I went to switch the basement light on and that is when I realized we had no power. It didn't come on until the middle of the night. We found out who on our block has a generator though which could be very useful information in the future.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:31 AM

2,440 posts, read 5,760,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
Next muggy day, feel free to come clean my house. I attempted to wash the bedding last night after work, but I went to switch the basement light on and that is when I realized we had no power. It didn't come on until the middle of the night. We found out who on our block has a generator though which could be very useful information in the future.
Yeah- ours was out from 7-10pm and we spent the entire time on the porch, watching. Eerie light, that was, afterward. The whole neighborhood had only the sound of thundering wind, pounding rain, and creaking/cracking trees.

I clean on muggy days because I know I'll be miserable if I have any intention of feeling like a human being. So, I just go with it and conjure up some miserable work to do... something that will make me sweat and be cranky, even if it wasn't wretchedly uncomfortable weather.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Today was a good day because I always deep clean in nasty, muggy, hot weather. lol - any little mess is seen in a higher power and my mood is awful until it's done. My husband and I removed everything from half the rooms in the house, cleaned thoroughly, cleaned everything before going back in, and FOUR loads of linens dried on the line in record time. All winter bedding was packed away and fresh summer bedding is out.

A productive day, so I enjoyed it when all is said and done, but not without yanking out the sprinkler for ourselves and ice cold beverages all day. If I just had to BE in this weather, I'd have been miserable.
Sadly that sounds normal for today's artificial climate controlled food comes from Wegmans and sweat must only happen at the gym crowd. People have lost all concept of country living. I been in Argi-bussiness all my life, including being on lunch from it now, and to me hot and humid will always be what makes the crops grow which pays my bills.

Anyone that thinks the other night was hot should spend a couple days working in a hay mow followed by a couple hours with 102 degree mammals. I promise that person will never think 85 is hot again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area